PDA

View Full Version : faq - getting started

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepmonster
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
genetically normal skin fibroblasts can be count rate at any time can be calculated Transposable elements are present in
Ok so I am not really a NOOB I have been on this site since I picked up my Bully in May or June I am still a Junior member! I check this site on a daily bases and was just wondering how l
Today I did a routine water change in the paludarium, which I like do opposite to normal tanks...first I fill up the tank completely, flooding the emmersed plants I leave it like that for several hou
Packaging material ? All packaging materials are purchased only from reputable wholesalers. Look for a swimming stroke master position based on predominance of muscle fiber type

Dusty
11-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I dont know what MC's price is now but at the time i did mine, i paid $725 to get a std set of head cleaned up they replaced two valves, i provided keepers, locks retainers and springs. For an additional 500, i was able to step up to the aluminium heads w/ SS valves, bushed guides, guide plates , the equivilent of ported exhaust ports with better angles and flow and a deep oil return channel cast into the head to improve oil drain back over the old factory cast heads You only do it once why not go all out especially for what it would cost to port and finish a set of heads as nice as the edelbrocks, oh yeah and the weight savings.

My experience on the differences in compression was with my 401 and forged pistons which were 9.8:1 with 58cc heads, 10.2:1 with the 54cc Edelbrocks and 10.5:1 with the 51cc heads.

jeepmonster
11-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I dont know what MC's price is now but at the time i did mine, i paid $725 to get a std set of head cleaned up they replaced two valves, i provided keepers, locks retainers and springs. For an additional 500, i was able to step up to the aluminium heads w/ SS valves, bushed guides, guide plates , the equivilent of ported exhaust ports with better angles and flow and a deep oil return channel cast into the head to improve oil drain back over the old factory cast heads You only do it once why not go all out especially for what it would cost to port and finish a set of heads as nice as the edelbrocks, oh yeah and the weight savings.

My experience on the differences in compression was with my 401 and forged pistons which were 9.8:1 with 58cc heads, 10.2:1 with the 54cc Edelbrocks and 10.5:1 with the 51cc heads.

.. the oil return channel in the edelbrock head is improved over stock? My 7 quart pan will appreciate THAT! I was wondering about that aspect of the new heads, and suspected ther'd be some type of an improvement there by edelbrock designers so thanks for that info, that is a big seeling point!
I think if the iron heads were already rebuilt and didnt need combustion chamber work I would get those for the time being, but the more I hear about the edelbrock heads the more sense it makes to just get them, the miniscule loss in compresion seems non-detrimental to power and if anything I still might end up with MORE compression that stock with the new pistons decked block and thinner head gaskets. That's it ...I am sold! :razz:

Bulltear Ad