PDA

View Full Version : still adjusting

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mrtazwrench
11-19-2004, 12:42 PM
since early sept i've had a finger that been broke out and just wouldn't heal, trans fluid really bothers it, :(: so since i wrench for a living i've desided to start wearing medical type gloves that the matco man carries, it sucks, but i had to do something. :-| after doing it for a few days, the snap-on man told me about a diesel mech that had to retire due to poor health, we are near the mayo clinic so he went there, they found diesel and parts solvent in his blood stream, :shock: got it flushed out felt beter than he had in years. so i guess it is going to be nessary to wear gloves to protect my health. #-o

pyagid
11-19-2004, 01:18 PM
:shock: :shock:

I used to never wear gloves, and hated them. I started forcing my self to, 1 for much easier clean up 2. It was not to profesionally going on interviews, then finally to work in an office with , cuts, and emeded grease, metal shavings or whatever on my hands

-paul

cheapjeep
11-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I have really dry skin from working with pesticides for 17 years. If I get oil or grease on them it takes me a long time to get them clean, so I wear rubber gloves when I change oil or work with real dirty parts. The rest of the time I wear mechanic's gloves. It took some getting use to but now its the first thing I do. The worst part is when your wearing rubber glove's when it's hot and working over your head. The sweat will run out of the glove and down your arm.

jeepsr4ever
11-19-2004, 08:41 PM
:-|

Mudrat
11-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I started wearing rubber gloves for the same reason - grease and grit around my fingernails and the first thing I do when I go in the shop is slide on the Mechanix. They have saved me from countless cuts and abraisions from grinters and things.

Mudrat

Penguin
12-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Mechanix gloves here also. For years I didn't use glove and has tons of scars om my hands from it. Now I love those gloves. As for the oil not coming out of dry hands us baby oil on your hands befor you go out. You hands will absorb the baby oil instead of the engine oil. Keep your hands from getting dry and they won't soak up the oil.

Mudrat
12-02-2004, 10:45 AM
As for the oil not coming out of dry hands us baby oil on your hands befor you go out. You hands will absorb the baby oil instead of the engine oil. Keep your hands from getting dry and they won't soak up the oil.
Good tip there Penguin. There was a copmpany that got sold-out a few years ago, but they had a product that was like a barrier that you rubbed on like hand lotion - kept me from getting posion ivy and the grease out from the cuticles. Don't have anymore, but I'm going to try the baby oil idea - under the gloves. I hate slippery hands :roll:

Mudrat

mrtazwrench
12-02-2004, 12:47 PM
zep make the glove lotion, i think it has silicone in it, does a good job.
smacked a coupple fingers with my gloves on today, bled for aroud an hour under the gloves, thought only on one finger until i took them off. :shock:

Mudrat
12-02-2004, 05:06 PM
zep make the glove lotion,
smacked a coupple fingers with my gloves on today, bled for aroud an hour under the gloves,

Why'd ya do that??? Trying to get out of tying the ribbons around the Christmas presents??? :? :shock:

Mudrat

mrtazwrench
12-02-2004, 08:57 PM
that's right, don't get me started on presents, i usually fail miserably with them due to lack of time or effort. :smile:

Bulltear Ad