PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a Christmas nut?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
11-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, I am ready to put up lights on the new house, but crap, this thing is TALL and freakin hate heights. Anyone else a christmas nut?

jeepsr4ever
11-21-2004, 05:20 PM
:santa: :t:

xracer390
11-21-2004, 05:32 PM
.....Im more of a Bah-humbug typ of guy.. 8)

jeepsr4ever
11-21-2004, 05:55 PM
BAH BS Bryan...I can see you with a elvin costume on 8)

hey you might even resemble the AMC gremlin

http://www.arcticboy.com/media/gremlin/GremDealWin500.jpg

Lifted79CJ7
11-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Bryan the Christmas Gremlin!! AKA: GREMLIN X

:reindeer:

:santa:

Goose
11-22-2004, 02:47 PM
My wife is a christmas freak.. she has been listening to christmas stuff for a month already. And my house is old and TALL like 28' at the peak and she wants lights and the whole shebang..Damn I hate hieghts when you consider the house was built in 1879 yea thats not a typo. I dont have a parachute and normal mind numbing with whisky isnt indicated in this instance.. Humbug!

Lifted79CJ7
11-22-2004, 04:59 PM
So Goose, any words of advice on getting my lights up? My house is about that tall and it jsut looks like a pain in the as to climb up the ladder, hang a few lights, climb down the ladder, move the ladder, climb up the ladder, hang a few more lights, etc. Crap, I need to find a ladder. We have one at work, I'll have to measure it to see how tall it is. My dumb ass was singing Christmas songs all day yesterday also. Wow, I need to take some valium.
:razz:
Santa's Little Helper

Goose
11-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Actually I do have a little trick I use. Take some wire (I use the heavy gauge aluminum made for hanign suspended ceilings and usezip ties to tie the lights to this wire then you can hang 10-12 feet of lights on only 3 hooks (and you can leave the hooks in the eaves) this way you can climb up hang the center at the peak then only have to climb once on each side to secure the lower areas on each side..

See climbing the ladder isn't my trouble.. It's doing any work up there with both hands and feet white knuckle gripping the thing.

Lifted79CJ7
11-25-2004, 09:24 AM
:-|

Mudrat
11-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I like that wire trick! I don't usually hange lites onthe second floor cause the slope of the ground around the house makes me prop one side of the ladder just to get to the first eve :shock:

Goose, do you use shielded or just 10 gauage or what?

Mud

Goose
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Just plain ol unshielded aluminum wire for hanging suspended cielings..It comes on a 50' spool for about 8 bucks..Yea it works pretty slick I only have to be up at the peak once .(trust me even a well executed PLF doesnt help much from 28')

Mudrat
11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Just plain ol unshielded aluminum wire for hanging suspended cielings..It comes on a 50' spool for about 8 bucks..Yea it works pretty slick I only have to be up at the peak once .(trust me even a well executed PLF doesnt help much from 28')

Yeah :book: read about trying that when I was a kid. Took a bed sheet to the 2nd floor roof and tried a PLF - truned into just a leap of faith :tard: damned near wound up :angel7:

'Bout 3 years ago my propped up ladder decided to go sideways and I executed the perfect PLF (and roll down hill) - glad there were no stringers to tie me up then!!!

Mudrat

Goose
11-30-2004, 04:30 AM
Yep I know, thats how the Porch rebuild project got moved up..I landed on the Porch roof collapsed it and continued through the porch floor . It was ummmm Exciting doesn't seem to cover it..how about "a religious experience" thats closer, everyone in a 4 block radius said I was praying on the way down...sounded like this CHRIIIIIIIIISSssssst! Crash..

Ladders: a device invented to get well meaning everyday people far enough off the ground to keep emergency rooms in business.

(translation for "Well meaning everyday people"= clumsy Dumb*sses with a death wish) 111!!!

Bulltear Ad