PDA

View Full Version : lifting a commando?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

pitjeep
11-23-2004, 06:24 PM
got a 73 commando anyway of lifting without doing a soa? its for the wife do need to go real hi just want to clear 32 or 33s. i like the lines & dont want to cut the wheelwells unless have to. any springs from ant other rigs that would give desired lift?cant seem to find much info.
Thanks
Rob

Goose
11-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I had a Commando, and what I found was the springs etc are the same as a CJ of the same year..So a lift kit or a shackle lift will do from a cj , I used a shackle lift from Warrior products for 1 1/2" lift on a CJ see "show us your rides"

Lifted79CJ7
11-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Also check out Rancho - they have been making lifts for decades, so they will most likely have what you are looking for.

Jack

boman40
01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
found this place on the internet today, www.espo.com
they sell stock springs and 2" lift springs for commandos

boman40
03-20-2005, 10:00 PM
we are in the process of lifting a 69 commando, used the 2" lift with 6 leafs from EOSP and we are using front leafs off a yj with a 2" lift , also doing spring over, did a spring reversal on the front using parts from blue torch fab., had to redo the steering, exhaust, and the brakes. the lift was about 6"to 8", forgot to measure first, 33 will look very nice under it, also stuck a dana 30 with disk in for the front and a dana 44 in the rear with 4.10's.
most of your problem will be if you have the ross steering box, not for sure when the up graded the jeepster's. I have read on these forms where you could order custom springs with a little measuring.

Bulltear Ad