PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid the flu....

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
11-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin C. Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system. Walk for at least an hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your
life as you can.

OR .... You can take the doctors office approach. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol.
Why? Because alcohol kills germs. So......

I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out
(rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can't get you!!!!

http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gif

cheapjeep
11-27-2004, 02:43 PM
:t: :razz: :mrgreen:

Goose
11-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Well It worked for me during my military carreer.. (Either that or I was like the guy in the tobasco commercials, the germs bite me and explode from alcohol/tobasco)

Mudrat
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Well It worked for me during my military carreer.. (Either that or I was like the guy in the tobasco commercials, the germs bite me and explode from alcohol/tobasco)
Yup, why do you think they put Tobasco in ALL the MREs??? Kills anything that may ail you :lo1l:

Mudrat

rollen dean montoya
11-29-2004, 07:59 PM
damn right it does but alcohol tastes better :razz: :razz: :razz: :lo1l: :mrgreen:

Goose
11-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Yea but with the Tobasco and a few other ingredients you can make "almost"any MRE edible..Some of the MRE and C-rat recipes..Oh man that big round choclate thingy..(please standby while Ken's teeny tiny little mind waxes nostalgic about eating nasty things and pretending they were Ambrosia) uhhhh never mind..OUT

Mudrat
11-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Yea but with the Tobasco and a few other ingredients you can make "almost"any MRE edible..Some of the MRE and C-rat recipes..Oh man that big round choclate thingy..(please standby while Ken's teeny tiny little mind waxes nostalgic about eating nasty things and pretending they were Ambrosia) uhhhh never mind..OUT
Hehhehe, the round C-rat crackers weren't bad with sardines and mustard .................................................. if you remember that they were packed in 1945 or something. For a 40 year-old cracker, they weren't bad http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/puke.gif

Mudrat

Goose
12-01-2004, 04:12 AM
Yea we used to make C-rat pizza on those crackers..
I will never forget the first time I saw the date 1952 stamped on a box of Rats..But when the question is eat or go hungry..Gimme the p-38 Im on it.

But the evil secret is how they can put 2 squares of toilet paper in the mre's and nobody complains..Cause you wont need it for a week eating MREs you can save it up..(man thats one of those baaaaadd repressed memories)

Lifted79CJ7
12-01-2004, 06:51 AM
:!: Wow, TMI on the TP thing!! Yet another reason I choose to go to college instead of the military! I'll tell you what though, thanks for going in my place and eating 40 year old food so I could even have an option to go to college!! :t:
Thanks!
Jack

Goose
12-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey you know Jack, that's why this country works like it does.. Everyone is free to do what they like or are best at and thats what gives us a strong nation..(unless youre drafted..but hey theres an exception to everything) and truth be told the Korean war era grub was pretty good actually.

Mudrat
12-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey you know Jack, that's why this country works like it does.. Everyone is free to do what they like or are best at and thats what gives us a strong nation..(unless youre drafted..but hey theres an exception to everything) and truth be told the Korean war era grub was pretty good actually.
Wahahahahahah, hohohohohoho, hehhehehe - yeah he went to scooll :roll: , but acuse him of being good at it HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :? :? :? :?

J/K Jack!!! 8) Feel free to stop back by the house when you get bored rewiring dryers and fixing drywall and stuff :wink: Or I'll be at the office this weekend puting a second coat in Erin's YJ this weekend ? ? ? ?

Seriously, I had a hard time with the 30 year old spam-in-a-can myself. Oh and the lumpy peanut butter - I was told to just think of it as "extra crunchy" style for the PB&J!!!!

But, how does this help us avoid the flu??

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
12-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Pat, I have the weekend (saturday I'm free, Sunday going out on the water to go fishing) off, so maybe I can come by with some of "grandpa's old cough medicine" so we can work on avoiding the flu...and maybe even get some jeep work done! :razz:

Jack

PS-If my country ever needed people sooo bad that they would start a draft, I'd sign up and go kick some foreign ass. Screw that, I live too well (compared to the rest of the world) to sit on my ass and to let some shithead ass country or group try to take away everything that is great about living in the USA! :lo1l:

Mudrat
12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Pat, I have the weekend (saturday I'm free, Sunday going out on the water to go fishing) off, so maybe I can come by with some of "grandpa's old cough medicine" so we can work on avoiding the flu...and maybe even get some jeep work done! :razz:

Jack
I'm going to try and be at the Office shop on Sat 10ish to finish the YJ tub. We can reassemble the pieces parts in the warm comfy shop with heat, a coffee pot and a soda machine. Oh Yeah, we have a fridge too to keep the cold medicine chilled :-) It's on your side of the Bay near Military Circle Mall.

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
12-01-2004, 10:32 PM
It's on your side of the Bay near Military Circle Mall.

http://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gifhttp://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gifhttp://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gifhttp://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gifhttp://forums.clubsi.com/images/graemlins/willy_nilly.gif

Hell yeah!! That hour drive BLOOOOWS!! :lo1l:

So when and where do you want to meet up?
:sa:
Jack

Mudrat
12-02-2004, 06:24 AM
So when and where do you want to meet up?
:sa:
Jack

See your PM

'Rat

Goose
12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
This is how it helps us avoid the Flu..Eat right?? No soft living get outside so that your immune system builds itself..through adversity

Remember the old catch phrase..Pain is weakness leaving the body.
I suspect there may be something wrong with this thoery for I am shedding weakness at an ever increasing rate and I don't seem to be getting stronger..Hmm

Mudrat
12-02-2004, 05:11 PM
HAhahahahahahahah 8)
Just spent a week in the woods 'roughing it' with a friend of mine - funny I don't feel stronger either :shock:
i think it's time for another :razz:

Mudrat :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad