PDA

View Full Version : what are your plans for the new year

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollen dean montoya
12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
let the fun begin. what plans do all of you have for the new year?

my plans
1) moving into my new house
2) rebuilding the eagle's 258
3) new t-case
4) new rims
5) finding a cj-7 for samantha

should be a real good year. happy holidays to all
rollen :lo1l: :hathat1:

gremlin boys
12-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Well i need to get out to middleton ny to see my sister and her new house and baby, need to finish my 69 bb0 javelin it has been a four year project, needs to be finished soon, put new 401 in r/w/b gremlin drag car that a easy one, finish dana 60 swap in bbo gremlin drag car, put intake on black 73 gremlin and drive it, pull motor from second black gremlin and put rear main seal in. this is going to be my year to finish most of my unfinished amc projects, as there are many more that are not amc like 86 toyota 4x4 10 inches of lift set up for a complete chevy motor, t-case and tranny, drive my 85 mustang that has a 383 chevy brodix heads 2 spd glide tranny brake and ford nine inch, i have collected and built these over many years and the past few years have been to busy with my construction company to enjoy or work on these, well not this year i will take some time to enjoy these and my family, Don

Lifted79CJ7
12-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, my hotel is up for sale, so I will either be transferred with this company to the west coast/move on to the new owners and stay at this hotel/get canned completely and be unemployeed. :-| If I get my bonus (looking more like Iwont get it) I will pay off some bills and do a little work on the CJ. I wanna get it running for summer (If I move that will be out of the question). Today I am gonna build some shelves (and maybe a work bench) in the new garage. I also started working on the bumper again. Well, thats about it for me. :t:

Jack

rollen dean montoya
12-11-2004, 02:21 PM
well jack, if you do head out to the west coast let me know and give me a holler. take ya out and do alittle desert ratting!
later, rollen :lo1l:

Lifted79CJ7
12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a plan Rollen!!

On a good note, I got a lot done this weekend. I built my shelves to fit my tool boxes/tubs of Jeep parts on. I also helped a freind install an auxilary input into his Expedition (Pretty neat - plugs into the CD changer and allows him the ability to run 3 extra things through his stereo. We are gonna put in a TV and a computer). I also worked on my front bumper a little, dragged my Jeep home (FINALLY!), changed the tires on it and got it in the garage(Althoug I will have to roll it out to do ANYTHING in the garage), hung some christmas lights on the tree (gonna finish decorating it tonight), installed a suround sound system in our den (Which kicks major ass!), and still got to drink like a fish. Wow, days off are great!! I need to take these more often!

Oh, and I came up with a new word - Jacktastic! How are you today, Jack? Oh, I'm Jacktastic!! And if I do something that only my dumb arse would do, I pulled a Jackclassic! "Jack did what? Fell in a hole carrying his hardtop and almost blew out his knee? Man, that's Jackclassic!"
111!!!
Jack

rollen dean montoya
12-13-2004, 07:48 PM
gotta love days off! gotta look down while walking. have an inspetion on the mobile home that sam and i are buying in the morning. hope he gives us the ok.

Lifted79CJ7
12-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Good luck on teh inspection!!
:stoopyd:
Sorry - I just thought one was funny looking (was looking for a "good luck" emoticon)!!

111!!!
Jack

rollen dean montoya
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
if it passes we will move in after we return from mom and dads.

tufcj
12-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Finish the AMX. It will be a year in March that I first started taking it apart for rebuild. Mechanical is done, I just need to get the interior in, and some detail work complete.

I also need to get the 4.88s in the CJ. We've been invited to join another Jeep club in running the Mormon trail down by Lake Powell over Memorial Day.

Bob
tufcj

fuzz401
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
get the 401 for the jeep bolted in and fired up then start on the 74 gremlin pull the 258 and put the 401 in it

Lifted79CJ7
12-14-2004, 08:15 PM
I also need to get the 4.88s in the CJ.

Hey Bob, what size tire are you running?

Jack (can't decide on 4.88's or 4.56's after I get some $$ to buy some 38X15 boggers)

rollen dean montoya
12-14-2004, 09:39 PM
hey jack, a friend of mine has a cj-8 and runs 4.88's with the same size
tires you want to buy. seems to do pretty good but had to recalibrate the
speedo cause of the changes made.
it's just my 3 cents worth.

Phil
12-15-2004, 09:24 AM
I need to get the 401 assembled and into the Javelin, and also do some interior work on it.
I also think that I need to drag the old CJ-7 mud runner out of the pasture and get it running again. There is going to be a memorial race for a friend of mine who was the president of the Iowa Mud Runners Association, and a long time racer as well as a good friend. My wife also thinks that my daughters would like riding around in the Jeep.

rollen dean montoya
12-15-2004, 04:42 PM
sounds like a plan to me.dad is going to build me a new 258 for the eagle.
hope he doesn't get crazy and hot rod it.

XJ-001
12-25-2004, 03:46 PM
1.) Get one-piece axles for the 3.91 rear end for the AMX
2.) Get rear disc brakes for the AMX(to help facilitate quick axle changes)
3.) Get either the T-3550 trans kit or a 700R4 conversion for the AMX
4.) Get the 70 Donohue finished

5.) Get a second and third job to pay for it all! :wink:

Mudrat
12-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Well since this thread is over a year old (today) I thought I'd revive the "New Years Resolutions" by saying:

- GET BOTH JEEPS RUNNING AND ON THE TRAIL"!!! :shock:

radamx
12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
OK this thread is going no where.
I am buying a tig welder first .
Then I am building bumpers for my jeep.
Then I am going to take a pile of chrome moly tubing and try to turn it into my new race car...
What are you guys and Gals doing in 2008

jeepsr4ever
12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Get married
Finish my Hornet
Rebuild my Grand cherokee

76-cj7
12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
New job hopefully :t:
Find a good frame for the jeep
Find and build a sweet 401 for the jeep
Fix and repaint body
Now if i can manage to find the time and money to do that......then this year would kick arse! :!:

dbesade
12-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Sell my 360
Sell my Jeep
Pay off debt
get new 401
get new jeep

-Dave

Mudrat
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, now that the beast is once again alive,
1. Finish the suspension,
2. swap the 727 and the 4:1 D300 (I have another thread on that problem),
3. work less and get paid for what I work (almost 600 hours un-compensated overtime this year!)
4. Tweak the Heap and start driving it again
5. Relandscape the yard (the Heep will help with the 12K winch to move or remove bushes and trees :t:

Oh and a root canal on 2 Jan and shoulder surgery on 17 Jan :shock:

radamx
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
OK this thread is going no where.
I am buying a tig welder first .
Then I am building bumpers for my jeep.
Then I am going to take a pile of chrome moly tubing and try to turn it into my new race car...
What are you guys and Gals doing in 2008

OK step one is done I bought a tig welder

jeepsr4ever
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Cool! Your on your way!

Goose
01-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I am going to start saving money now.. so that by the time spring gets here I can afford to buy gass for the J-10 to go camping and wheeling for a weekend. 111!!!

Bulltear Ad