PDA

View Full Version : Indy intake

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

gremlin boys
12-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Did anyone buy a indy intake and try to put it on only to find the front and back had to be milled down so it would fit right? kind of depressing to find out after your two stage nitrous has been installed and you go to set it on to see how it looks and its 1/2 in high, i had to take the complete system off and get the intake milled front and back then reassemble the whole thing, well its on now but why did it not fit ? Don

1970amx
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
The Indy intake is designed to fit the Indy heads. I have heard that in order to use it on AMC Iron heads that it had to be milled.

That Indy intake is an awesome intake for it's intended purpose !

Have a great day !
Rob

gremlin boys
12-15-2004, 01:57 PM
i was hust curious as it didnt state it need modified for a factory head i love the intake just wish i knew before the nitrous was plumbed in the intake so i could have did it then . Don

jeepsr4ever
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes and when you use std. intakes or aftermarket with indy heads you need to have these spacers made.....kinda kills the indy setup for the guys who dont have access to a machine shop

http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Misc-Pictures/401_Indy_Heads1.jpg

1970amx
12-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Neither of these has been an issue for me personally as I am using a Indy intake on my Indy SR heads. However I can see how that if you want to use the Indy intake on Iron heads or vice versa... a different manifold on top of the Indy heads it could be an issue. However any competent machine shop will be able to fix you up with no problem at all.

I have known about this issue for a long time as I was thinking of using a Indy Intake on my ported Iron heads that are on my 401 in my 70AMX. But I didn't and still just use a Torker on my Iron headed 401. I think Indy will machine the Intake for you if you specify that you want it to fit iron heads.

From a performance standpoint the Indy components are top of the line for us AMCers. My ported SR heads have an awesome mid lift flow with a little over 300 cfm on the intake at only .500 lift...would be plain awesome for a street engine.....I could envision this setup with a Air Gap on it though for a street engine instead of the Indy Intake manifold !

Have a good day
Rob

jeep_man_401
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Did Indy do the porting or someone else?

Can you send me some pics of the Intake and Ex. ports after porting?

I have a set of heads I am cleaning up from Indy and could use a little insight on how much and where you can take some meat off them.

Bulltear Ad