PDA

View Full Version : whaddaya think??

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
1968 AMC JAVELIN SST (http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detailbig.cfm/Autos__ID/78021)

Mudrat

jeepsr4ever
01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
:-|

Penguin
01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Not bad, wonder how much rust is covered?

gremlin boys
01-07-2005, 12:17 PM
hey mud rat i have a 69 javelin take a good look at the bodie and amount of interior work needed these cars are not cheap to restore, check in the top of the fenders there is a fender trough there that rots pretty bad, the inner rocker panels is another bad area, i brought mine back from the dead but it was not cheap i dont think i would do it again body wise, the mechanics is the resonable part to me, ask them if the trunions have ever been rebuilt in the front end that can be costly , just my own 2 cents. Don

rollen dean montoya
01-07-2005, 04:56 PM
if its an arizona,nevada,or socal car there will be no rust on it. my 83 eagle is rust free. it is an original socal car. bought it in poway ca. its
near san diego. dry desert air means no rust!

Mudrat
01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Well the ad says, "southwest car", with a 343 V8, 4 BBL,It also stated, "auto trans, 4 speed manual" what th heck does that mean? 2Trannys's???

Don't think that's in the budget now anyway, still looking for my 54 Willys or a 55-56-57 T-bird (wife) AND a new job and place to live.

Pat

Penguin
01-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Mud, I was just at an old AMC Dealer and they have an 68 in the show room. All original had like 68k on it. Was in great shape. They also had on old willys truck all original in there. I went to take some pics to show you but my dig. camera's batteries died.

Mudrat
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
batteries died.
Story of my life - dead batteries :oops:

I'm in the process of looking for a place to either build or buy something that as a shop on it. I've way overgrown what I've got. It's pretty bad when you can brace agains the shelving to drill into the body panels (I've been putting the flairs on the CJ). Got so frustrated I started the damn thing up just to hear it run ...
I have to move it out of the shop so I can put the roll bar back on. Can't do it inside 'cause I won't clear the door :oops: now where did I put those drive shafts ??????

Thanks for thinking about it though.

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad