PDA

View Full Version : I love mondays........:blah: What do you do for work?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Alright who has a cubicle job? Who is a blue collar?

What does everyone do for work? :-|

Me make parts design and help run this shrimp boat

dewragjen
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Alright who has a cubicle job?

:smile:

JeepAngel
01-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Piano Teacher here......

Have held everything from a barbitch, to a cashier at a grocery store, to working at Crappy Tire as a Customer Service Rep, Insurance Agent, and waitress at a Restaurant.

Littlewolf
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I drive a truck when i work , full time drunk when not working.

pyagid
01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Alright who has a cubicle job?

:smile:

same here. This is my first job i have ever had working indoors, or not with my hands. I am not quite sure how long i will be able to do this though

-Paul

cheapjeep
01-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Town drunk :razz: :razz: and housebitch. Ok, I have my own pest control "company". Just me spraying and the wife doing the books(she works for city al$o). But I don't have much work in the winter, plus the nonstop rain that we have been having has not helped.

Woody Long
01-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm a cubical gohper too. I fawking hate it. Been here for 5 years and hating every minute of it. Next fall I go back to school for Automotive Mechanics, I'm looking more toward automotive deisel.

jeepsr4ever
01-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok, I have my own pest control "company".

best job ever!! :t:

mrtazwrench
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
turning wrenches, i was growing very tired of it today, :(: but i don't know what else i would do. :-|

iqsr2
01-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I am a Fire Fighter / EMT.

jerry
01-10-2005, 09:27 PM
My own business drilling water well and fix pumps. This the time year, I call myself once in awhile to make sure the phone is still working From the first till tax time it is vary slow. oh well work on the jeep. I should work on a drill.

Jerry

gremlin boys
01-11-2005, 06:17 AM
i have my own construction company , i love to be outside things are a little slow in the winter but i stay busy

Penguin
01-11-2005, 07:11 AM
I live in a closet. I have to take care of our servers and workstations in my department. Not the best place I have worked. It pays the jeep building bills and I get to go snowboarding once in a while.

Briteblock
01-11-2005, 03:35 PM
welder..tig,mig and some fabrication.

rollen dean montoya
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
i work at mcdonnell douglas/boeing, long beach ca. i am a heavy
structure mechanic on the C-17 aft fuselage assembly. i got the
ruffest job of them all. i make a mistake the tail will fall off and wipe out 250 in the plane and who knows how many on the ground. i get to see
my plane doing what it does best. bringing the troops home and getting help to the ones the need it most like the tsunami victims.
later, rollen :lo1l:

Phil
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm an animal control officer.
Funny how the 2 legged animals are harder to control than the 4 legged! :-|

Mudrat
01-14-2005, 07:02 PM
... same here. This is my first job i have ever had working indoors, or not with my hands. I am not quite sure how long i will be able to do this though
-Paul
Amen - frustrated as hell in a "cube farm". And I'm looking at something I can do for real when I grow up :oops:

Mudrat

mrtazwrench
01-14-2005, 07:31 PM
turning wrenches, i was growing very tired of it today, :(: but i don't know what else i would do. :-|
had a guy at work turn in his notice today, :shock: says he's tired of turning wrenches, he was maybe on the edge, but i'm sure it was our boss that shoved him over. :-|

clarance49
02-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I work in a factory, 12 hour shifts at night. :sleeping:

Mudrat
02-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Well I need to find something new too. Beside prarie dogging in a cube farm, we've had more than a couple folks leave the company this year. I think maybe the writing is on the wall ...

Mudrat

73hornut
02-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm the only employee at a small glass shop. I do everything! From measuring, to installing, mirrors, high end custom 3/8-1/2in thick showers, with virtually no metal, to high end glass in custom street rods. I work for a super nice christian woman, for the last 12-1/2 years. Honestly, I love my job, and thank God every day.

BTW Rollen, My last full time job that I loved, F-15 crew chief, Nellis AFB. 79-83. :t:

mrtazwrench
02-20-2005, 07:40 AM
had a guy at work turn in his notice today, :shock: says he's tired of turning wrenches, he was maybe on the edge, but i'm sure it was our boss that shoved him over. :-|
well the guy changed his mind he's still there, i'm the one that was ready to quit this week, :(: got as far as mooving my extra stuff closer to the door, and getting a hair cut, we'll see how next week goes. :roll:

apxpred
02-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I drill underground tunnels for utilities & such. I have spent the last 6 months "HAND DIGGING" 160' of 60" (5') tunnel under a road at Sea-Tac airport in WA. I would freakin kill for a nice cushy desk & chair complete w/ internet access. I'm gettin' too old to fast. You guys need to be carefull what you wish for :mrgreen:

Here's me showing you what your missing :

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/705836/DSC00276a.jpg

mrtazwrench
02-20-2005, 09:32 PM
somehow now the 3.5 hours i spent 2 mondays ago removing rusted out broken plugs from a 94 cady doesn't seem so bad. :-|

Mudrat
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
somehow now the 3.5 hours i spent 2 mondays ago removing rusted out broken plugs from a 94 cady doesn't seem so bad. :-|
Somehow I agree :oops: But there has to be something better, right?

mudrat

rollen dean montoya
02-21-2005, 11:33 PM
cool job hornut. can't wait for the next airshow at nellis. i worked on chinooks in the army(sh*thooks to us that liked them). i don't know
about f-15's but if a chinook wasn't leaking then we got a big problem cause its out of hydro fluid. we had to break out cases of cherry juice
and then go find the fitting that was leaking too much #-o

Lifted79CJ7
02-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Cool pic xpxprd! As much as I hate the hours and some of the BS I hear all day, I love my job. I work as the Rooms Manager/Director at a Doubletree Hotel. It's pretty fun - no two days are ever the same and I get to meet and see all kinds of people. I'll tell you guys what, people loose their mnds when they rent hotel rooms. I've just about seen it all and have started writing stories down for maybe a book or something in a few decades.

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/ORFBNDT/media/images/photo_gallery/ORFBNDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Virginia_Beach_gallery_ac com_exterior_large.jpg

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/ORFBNDT/media/images/photo_gallery/ORFBNDT_Doubletree_Hotel_Virginia_Beach_gallery_ac com_lobby_large.jpg

jerry
03-12-2005, 12:26 PM
For though working in cubicle
Jerry

Letterman's Top 10 Drawbacks to Working in a Cubicle:
>
> 10. Being told to "think outside the box" when you're in a freakin'
box all day long.
>
> 9. Not being able to check e-mail attachments without turning
around to see who's behind you.
>
> 8. Cubicle walls do not offer much protection from any kind of gun
fire.
>
> 7. That nagging feeling that if you press the right button, you'll
get a piece of cheese.
>
> 6. Lack of roof rafters for the noose.
>
> 5. The walls are too close together for the hammock to work right.
>
> 4. 23 power cords - 1 outlet.
>
> 3. Prison cells are not only bigger, they also have beds.
>
> 2. The carpet has been there since 1976 and shows more signs of
life than your coworkers.
>
>
> And...the number 1 drawback to working in a cubicle....
>
>
> 1.You can't walk out and slam the door when you quit.

Penguin
03-14-2005, 09:14 AM
:t:
Oh, so true....

mikew
03-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I panhandle by the campus liquor store since I am unemployed

Matador
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I install,repair and service elevators for Otis Elevator.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/HPIM0114.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/71Matador/HPIM0113.jpg

I set this gear box up and help rigg the cab for new cables.We used two 40ton chain falls to hoist the cab which had a capacity of 27,500lbs.

Mudrat
03-15-2005, 07:04 AM
It'd be a hell-uv-a-Jeep to support that winch :shock:

Mudrat

rollen dean montoya
03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
yea but he sure as hell could drag whatever he wanted anywhere he
wanted :mrgreen:

Lifted79CJ7
03-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Too bad you don't live near Virginia Beach, we are currently suing our elevator company due to neglegance. I had to evacuate the hotel and pull our security guard from an elevator car after the generator blew up....new break down, melted its ass apart and smoked out the entire hotel. This happened in august and we just got it back up and running 2 weeks ago.
:(:

Mudrat
03-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Remind me not to stay there for Greek Week ;-)

Bulltear Ad