PDA

View Full Version : ACL Rod Bearings

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jamesward
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I just bought a set of the ACL rod bearings for the 401, but they don't have the oil squirter notches like I'm used to seeing with the Clevite 77's. Without that oil hole, won't the cylinder walls be starved for oil? :-| Has anyone run the ACL's and what was your experience?

Thanks,

Gremlin4ever
07-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Notches? I just got a set of Clevite 77s and they had no notches. Only the locks, the rest of the bearing was smooth :-|

JeepsAndGuns
08-18-2005, 07:11 PM
There is a thread on here somewhere about this. I didnt even know about that untill that thread was started. I ended up takeing my bearings (Clevite 77's) and takeing a small triangle file :shock: to them and makeing a notch that matches the notch on the rod itself. I went real slow, real easy and every stroke from the front of the bearing to the back, and made sure I removed all burrs and made it all smooth. Dont know if that was the right thing to do or not, but to late now. I guess I will find out in a few weeks when I put this engine together and fire it up.

HotJimmy
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I had another post on this as well. After lots of calls, the best answer I could get was that clivite doesn't make them with the oil holes any more. :!: I decided to run them without any mod for fear of leaving a burr. That was almost 2 months ago now and still running strong. :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad