PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Towing CJ with Quadratrac

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rogers803
01-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I have to tow a 79 CJ with Quadratrac and the optional reduction unit under the seat. The CJ will be towed approximately 400 miles this weekend.

My question is whether it will be okay to tow it with a dolly (two wheels up, two down). I was told that all I needed to do was put tranny in neutral and disengage the reduction unit. What do you guys suggest? I know I would have to disconnect the driveshaft with a Dana 300, but am not very familiar with Quadratrac. It is not running right now, so taking it off the dolly and driving it around a few minutes is not an option.

Suggestions?

jeepsr4ever
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
when towing with a automatic transmission you always want the T-case in neutral and the transmission in park. That help? :wink:

rollbar
01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
& if U don't like that after U get the Jep on a dolly U can disco the rear driveshaft from the pinion & tie it up to the frame or take the whole thing off.

Just my 0.02,
RollBar

Penguin
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
For 400 miles I would do as rollbar said and pull the driveshaft.

Dusty
01-13-2005, 06:37 PM
with Q trac you'll have to pull the rive shaft otherwise my understanding is even with it in neutral the tcase will try and turn the front driveline and burn itself up

Bulltear Ad