PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here! Anyone wanna see my project?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jimmyjeep
02-02-2005, 04:29 PM
I have finally found a really decent helpful site! THANK YOU!!!! The info I have found here is just what I've been looking for. It seems I have gotten myself into a no love from either side situation with my new project, lol . "Frankenbolt" is the name given to it by the stovebolters. The Jeep guys at another forum wouldnt yak at me much,(not really a jeep) and the guys at the gmc site didnt have much to say either,( not really a gmc). So I hope you guys are more tolerant and will accept this strange one as one of yer own! lol Ya see from the waterline up, he's a 1951 GMC AD and from the waterline down, he's all Jeep! 1983 Wagoneer with a 401/727with attitude (or will have attitude shortly). Hope to have it finished by Labor Day this year, and with all the good info here, I may just make it!. You guys Rock! :lo1l: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sharig63/album?.tok=ph57BhBBi7kV72kQ&.dir=/3fcd&.src=ph

jeepsr4ever
02-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Welcome aboard!!! Yeah you dont see that everyday!!!! :t:

I like it :mrgreen:

cheapjeep
02-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the site. It look's like you have done a lot of work so far. Most of us here don't care what you have, we will help with most anything :t: .

Mudrat
02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the site. It look's like you have done a lot of work so far. Most of us here don't care what you have, we will help with most anything :t: .
well, yeah - - - but only if it's cool and works for what you want to do :?
Actually, I think this is a pretty radical plan and looks like you did a lot of foundation work to mount the body. Was that 2x2 1/4 wall? STOUT!! So I gather you plan to use it :t:

Are you going to keep a stock style tank in the cab or put a fuel cell inder the bed where you have lots of room? Are you going with sheet steel in the bed or with the original wood planks?

Good looking project - what questions do you have? Seems like you've got most of your bases covered.

Mudrat

jimmyjeep
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys for the kind remarks. Yah its been a blast so far. I think the coolest bit of info is that even with the fender wells 1/2 way down onto the tires, from the ground to the top of the roof it's 7'1"! :mrgreen: The truck is getting a gas tank under the bed in back. I will use the "fake" timber for the bed. It is suppose to hold up really well, tho it costs a little more. The new sub-chassis is quite strong! We had to go up 11" to find a common dimension for both the bed and cab. The body had to be shortened from 116'' to 109''. This meant the running boards and modesty panels too! whew!! Kids dont try this at home! Sorry to ramble, where I need help is in the engine department. Its a 1976 401. I want to try to get 425-450 HP from this thing, so where do I go on this great site to find that info? I know the NP219 will faint behind this, so ideas are welcome. We can have fun here. If someone would like to suggest a "lab experiment" for "Frankenbolt", offer it up. If its a Jeep trick others can benefit from, we may try it then report back how it turned out. Thanks for having us.

Mudrat
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys for the kind remarks. Yah its been a blast so far. I think the coolest bit of info is that even with the fender wells 1/2 way down onto the tires, from the ground to the top of the roof it's 7'1"! :mrgreen:
... where I need help is in the engine department. Its a 1976 401. I want to try to get 425-450 HP from this thing, so where do I go on this great site to find that info? I know the NP219 will faint behind this, so ideas are welcome. We can have fun here. If someone would like to suggest a "lab experiment" for "Frankenbolt", offer it up. If its a Jeep trick others can benefit from, we may try it then report back how it turned out. Thanks for having us.
My CJ is 7'1 to the top of the window frame :mrgreen: =D>
There is a thread on this board called 'Engines' that has lots of tips and tricks, plus we have guys that build huge power outta the 401's and are a wealth of info. 450 should be too hard to get out of a 401 I understand.

Mudrat

jimmyjeep
02-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Mudrat, you gotta picture of yer bad boy in here somewhere?. Love to see it, and thanks again for the greetings and good info.

rollen dean montoya
02-02-2005, 07:40 PM
welcome to our humble shop of fun :mrgreen: your project looks cool.
like mudrat said check out the engine thread and some of the other threads for good info and ideas.
later, rollen :lo1l:

pyagid
02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
welcome, your rig is very interesting but appears to be done correctly. Not one of those booty fab rigs. Hopefully we could answer all your questions as well as get some good input from you

-Paul

Goose
02-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Welcome.

I like it..You wont have to worry about clones meeting ya on the trail!.. Looks like a neat idea and it's gonna be unique..I have thought many times about a old stude on a J-10 frame..Just not enough guts to do it..

Keep us posted..

Oh Mine are here (rather than post them again)
http://www.ripway.com/members/files.asp

jimmyjeep
02-03-2005, 02:32 PM
:idea: yup, i looked at a 36 stude dictator, just couldn't swing it out to california to get it. it actually went cheap! How would that have looked on a J truck! Go for the gold, this aint no test run! lol Thanks for the kind words.

Bulltear Ad