PDA

View Full Version : Just scored a 82 Waggie limited!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Wahooo.. Just scored a 82 wag complete (smoked tranny) 360 ac the whole shebang..decent body Anybody have a 727 laying about cheap that works??

At least I think it's a 727 It doesnt look like a turbo 350. How can you tell easily. tranny is out of the truck. and it has an NP208 drivers side drop.

If I cant find a cheap tranny I gonna snike the goodies for my J-10 and I'll have the rest of the truck (no title) up here for anyone who needs parts.

I traded a lever action .44mag for the truck and a set of aluminum wheels Heh heh..

mrtazwrench
02-06-2005, 07:19 PM
should be a 727, :t: i have an 82 freebe with no motor to pickup, but it's frozen in right now, and by the looks of the location it's going to take a while for the mud to dry up enough in the spring. #-o

Mudrat
02-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Been offered an 84, running, body's "not bad" insides are "well worn" for $500. But I've gotta go get it - on the Gulf Coast of FL....

Mudrat

Goose
02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
You know , If I had a few bucks I would be tempted to go aroound the country picking up some of these old Jeeps and AMC's before they are crushed/junked and start a business..Get a truck and car trailer..Sort of a Jeep conservancy. Now thats a philanthropic enterprise thats worthwhile!

Wonder If we could get enough people together to do something like that..

mrtazwrench
02-09-2005, 12:48 PM
You know , If I had a few bucks I would be tempted to go aroound the country picking up some of these old Jeeps and AMC's before they are crushed/junked and start a business..Get a truck and car trailer..Sort of a Jeep conservancy. Now thats a philanthropic enterprise thats worthwhile!

i've been trying to save all of them i can in my area, i have 2wags, 1 chero all cut up, 2 other cheros, 3 j20's a j4k, and a j10, working on getting another j20 minus axles, and need to get the frozen in the mud 82 wag home this spring. :t:

Goose
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Dang Dude, You got a good start on it..Good Job.
Now If I could just find someone with a V-8 Gremlin to trade me for my 77 V-8 CJ-5.. I would have all the AMC's I can maintain..

Mudrat
02-09-2005, 05:20 PM

I need more space!!!! I'd love to do something like MRTAZ and have a remuda of AMC Iron around, a specific Jeep for a specific purpose - kinda like womens shoes :? But I've got no room - that's why I'm looking for land elsewhere so VA doesn't tax the crap outta me :smile:

Mudrat

mrtazwrench
02-09-2005, 08:46 PM

I need more space!!!! I'd love to do something like MRTAZ and have a remuda of AMC Iron around, a specific Jeep for a specific purpose - kinda like womens shoes :? But I've got no room - that's why I'm looking for land elsewhere so VA doesn't tax the crap outta me :smile:

Mudrat
i think it only works for me because everything is next door at my dad's place, if my wife had to look at all these jeeps in her yard i think that would be the end. :?:

Goose
02-10-2005, 03:45 AM
Yea.. If Moma aint happy aint nobody happy!..

Lifted79CJ7
02-10-2005, 11:08 AM
http://www.wagonmasters.com/default.htm

There is also a J10 for sale around the corner from me - but looks to be in rough shape. I'm with Mud, wish I could have around 15 acres to screw with!!

Goose
02-11-2005, 04:03 AM
That link to wagonmasters is cool.. I wish I had the bucks..a mint 69 commando..Wow.. :shock:

I want it I want itbad.

htkillerv
04-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I just bought my 360 the other day... doin a conversion from 258 to V8 on my 82 Cherokee 2dr WideAxle ... the 360 had a 727 (i think) attached to it that appears to be pretty fresh (so i was told). I will email pics if needed... Let me know if you have sumthin you want to trade or make me an offer! I will let it go for fairly cheap.. just tryin to offset the cost of the motor some so i can buy that sweet nickel timing cover from bulltear! LOL ... let me know! ! ! ! ! jason

ALSO ... any ideas on what 4 speed is in my 82 Cherokee 2dr wide axle? what i should look for to identify it? whats good and not...? let me know if yall have any ideas! thanks jason

mrtazwrench
04-06-2005, 11:44 AM
that 82 should have a t176, they are ok, but a little light behind a v8 if you run it hard. :-|

htkillerv
04-11-2005, 11:31 PM
My friend that originally turned me into jeep"head" after i bought my 82FSJ ... he recommends getting rid of my 4speed and going to an auto .. on that note would that 727 i have be a good canditate? (if you agree..LOL) ... also would it be a major pain in the ass to match up with my transfer case? My shift lever is the straight one on my transfer case.. (was told that was the "good" one..) Thanks! jason

Lifted79CJ7
04-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Yup, the 727 will swap in between your AMC V8 and the 208. As for strength, I say keep it - good tranny - will hold up to quite a bit of abuse if built correctly. From all that I've read, very similar in strength to a TH400, just a bit shorter in length and they have similar gear ratios.

Jack

Bulltear Ad