PDA

View Full Version : d300 upgrade??

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jimmyjeep
02-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I am looking for something a little stronger than the np229 that I have now. I have the 401/727 setup. Would clocking and using a D300 be a better move.??? . I have a 83 wagoneer frame and the dana 44 front. MC and Fuzz, you guys know all abou this stuff, little help here! lol

jeepsr4ever
02-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Yes it is stronger case with a good low gear. You can clock it and either make an adaptor or have one made. Bought adaptors are around $600. We have a couple of members asking us to make adaptors which we can for around $160 ea and you would have to buy the twin sticks. More on this as it developes.

Goose
02-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Someone Plese 'splain Clocking.. Whas is dis??

And I am not punching my t-case you wisenhimers..

jeepsr4ever
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
usually the tranfercase is clocked at 8-8:30 if you look at its rotation from viewing it from the tranny...clocking is the rotation..no punching needed

jimmyjeep
02-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Jeepsr4ever, if I put in the d300, clock it, and get the sticks,, what would I do to prep the dana 44, do I install hubs?, could I?, what would I plug off????cut off, chew off?????? Id really love to do this , and Who would I order the clocking ring through??> :? So many questions, so little time! lol Guys, stay with me on this one. Thanks.

jeepsr4ever
02-11-2005, 02:44 PM
You would basically install locking hubs on your dana 44 front....which are really easy even if it was a full time front they all have the same spline and spindle. Then you would buy the twin sticks from advanced adaptors. I have a couple of interested parties for this...my guess is that we need 3 more serious guys for us to make the parts here

jimmyjeep
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
you mean we need 3 more for you to have enough to make the order worthwhile? You are talking about the clocking ring, right?? LOL LOL Thats kewl. ( I think I understand, im a little too new here yet). anyway I really believe thats the way to go . So now I will look for a good Dana 60 to bring up the rear. Keep me posted, please!!! =D>

Goose
02-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Ahhh I get it.. Thanks MC..

Lifted79CJ7
02-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Be carefull with swapping in a dana 300 - you can't clock it up very high due to the tranny being in the way. Jeep 727's were originally bolted to drivers side drop t-cases and the dana 300 is a passenger. Here is a good link...

http://www.jeeptech.com/wiki/index.php/Transmission/Conversion/TF727

Jack

jimmyjeep
02-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Lifted ,you just made my day!!! :? That was the most timely article you could have found for me. Answered every queston I had. ALMOST! lol I have no transfer case to body height issue on Frankenbolt. Is that the deciding factor? If so Im kewl, if not, let me know what im missing here, because right now I'm under the impression that a clocking ring and a new input shaft(?) are all we need. Hey, this thang is startin to take shape!

Bulltear Ad