PDA

View Full Version : More gauge questions??

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Furry
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
It’s me once again ,Well I took The advice that I was given on my amp gauge and put both wires together to see if I could get my oil & fuel gauge to work in my 1975 Wagoneer even though that was one of the only gauge that worked. Man is the instrument panel hard to wiggle out. By the looks of it you have to drop the steering column down to be able to get it out? And the next observation I’ve made is the connection plug that goes to temp/ Fuel have all broke off pins from gauge. (The guy before me must have done a real number on it. I took my time even though I was working in -3 C and my feet were getting kind of cold) If he screwed the gauge should I go pull one from Pick & Pull or just go after market? Remember I don’t have a big budget. I’ve seen the Oil /Temp/Volt how much for a Fuel and will it work with my sending unit? Lastly do you know which wire goes to what I will start at the top I think? It has 2 nubs that protrude it is the one in the center
1. Pink
2. Grey / Black line
3. Orange
5. Green / White line
6. Green
7. Red
9. Purple / White line
11. Black

Lifted79CJ7
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
DISCONNECT THAT STUPID AMP GUAGE!! I know a couple of different friends whos Waggys have burned down due to that little guage....

Furry
02-13-2005, 11:43 AM
With the help of a pic I found on the net I can see where the pin were ripped out, so I plan to drop my steering colume and remove gauge cluster. Solider wires to the board where the plug use to go in then solider the pins to the installed wires and incert them into the plug and hopefully that will work. Wish me luck.

Bulltear Ad