PDA

View Full Version : Tire opinions

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

apxpred
02-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll be needing a new set of tires pretty quick on the TJ (31x10.5x15), however it's my DD & at this point will only be used off road about 20% of the time. I live in Washington st. & we have our share of freezing temps & black ice.

I was looking at some BFG MT's but was told for as much time that I'd spend on the road I wouldn't be happy w/ them & they suck in the snow & ice.
True ?

So I've been looking at the the AT's , primarily the BFG TA "KO" 's . How do they perform off road ?

Pro-Comps MT is siped, any users ?

How about the Dick Cepek F-C II (pic)http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=TIR&prodline=3257&catName=Tires&man=MTT

Any others worth a mention ?

Thanks, Paul

pyagid
02-17-2005, 10:22 PM
i have run the Pro-Comp MT;s for about 4 years now , and loved them,

I have never had a problem at all, they have lasted plenty longer than i expected. They have gone up in price since i bought them but would still recomend them

-Paul

tufcj
02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I ran BFG M/Ts for years, I was always more than satisfied with them. I got over 80K miles out of a set on my Toyota 4x4 pickup. I recently went to Goodyear MT/Rs, and they do seem to have an advantage over the BFGs, and they work great in the snow. I've heard the rubber compound is softer, so the mileage wont be as good. I've only run them about 2000 miles, but am quite happy.

Bob
tufcj

Lifted79CJ7
02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I have 33X12.5" BFG Muds and love them. They wear well and aren't that loud and handle awesome.

apxpred
02-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys :t:

Soylent_Green
02-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Take a look at the Yokohama Geolander MT+. I have a set on my ranger and am amazed. They're awesome in the dirt, sling mud like the best of em' and (so far as I can tell with what little snow we've had) good in the white stuff also.

What really suprised me was the tires road manners. They handle better than any other mud tire I've driven on. Theres a little bit of vibration from the tread at low speeds (5-15mph) and they do howl pretty good on the freeway. (Personally, the louder the better!)

my .02

I think eiteher Peterson's or Fourwheeler was going to have a small article on these tires this month.

Soylent_Green
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
oh, and they're unmatched in the rain. 70 mph in torrential rain with no hydroplaining. I was impressed. :t:

Bulltear Ad