PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injection

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

GEEP
03-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Good Monring mates! I am currently in the market to upgrade my 84 CJ 7. Currently I am running the old 1 bbl carter and need help upgrading. I have considered all options and want to learn from the pros as to the best bang for the buck. Here are my thoughts, Fuel injection is nice but is it really worth the dough? Should I look at a webber 32/36 or 38/38? How about this Holley Truck Avenger or any other Holley carbs. What is involved in installing either of these to my existing intake? I know this is a long post but I am way over due for this upgrade. HELP!!!

Lifted79CJ7
03-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't really have much experience with the 258's, but I can tell ya that AMC 401's sure will put a little pep in your step! Mudrat/Rollen, care to chime in?

Welcome aboard!!

eight
03-03-2005, 06:22 PM
If you do a little research and parts scrounging you can adapt gm tbi injection to it cheaper than buying a weber. My total cost was just over $200. But my chip was free, I think its less than $100 for a custom chip from howell or someone.
Most of the info you need is in here. (http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3022&start=0) I should go back and organize it more though. And don't be afraid to ask questions.

Bulltear Ad