PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Jeep Commander

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/jeep/commander/100405870/preview.html?tid=edmunds.h..future..3.*

Mudrat
03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Still want the CRD that's in the Rescue - and I have to see this Commander thing nekked on whether like it or not ...

Lifted79CJ7
03-04-2005, 11:18 AM
CRD = Cummins? If so, I want to see that also. Plus removable doors - I don't care how heavy they are, but I know that that'll never happen... :smile:

Mudrat
03-04-2005, 04:22 PM
CRD = Cummins? If so, I want to see that also. Plus removable doors - I don't care how heavy they are, but I know that that'll never happen... :smile:
CRD = Common Rail Diesel (http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/EN/JEEP/1,,EN-JEEP-BUZZ-CRD-MISCONCEPTIONS,.html) 2.8L of power ...

rollen dean montoya
03-04-2005, 09:25 PM
from the pix it must have been cruising in palm springs. they all
put that black covering on the cars and trucks to try and hide what it is.
sam's cousin thad tests these prototypes here in socal. hedrives all
different types of vehicles for the different automakers. i'll have
to ask him if he has seen this one yet.

Mudrat
03-04-2005, 09:35 PM
from the pix it must have been cruising in palm springs. they all
put that black covering on the cars and trucks to try and hide what it is.
sam's cousin thad tests these prototypes here in socal. hedrives all
different types of vehicles for the different automakers. i'll have
to ask him if he has seen this one yet.
Screw that!!! Ask him if they need help!!! :lo1l:

tufcj
03-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Aren't just about all modern automotive diesels common rail? I know my Duramax is, I know the Ford 7.3 and new 6.0 are. The Dodge Cummins is too. It's just another normal feature that gets hyped for a particular vehicle.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
03-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Aren't just about all modern automotive diesels common rail? I know my Duramax is, I know the Ford 7.3 and new 6.0 are. The Dodge Cummins is too. It's just another normal feature that gets hyped for a particular vehicle.

Bob
tufcj
True and the Japs came out with it first 7-8 years ago - but try and fit a 6.0 or 7.3 in a CJ :shock: The 2.8 should be just about the right size - unless your running Rockwells at each end :wink:

Pat

Lifted79CJ7
03-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Anyone care to explain what CRD exactly is?

Mudrat
03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyone care to explain what CRD exactly is?
Yeah - read the link ...

CRD = Common Rail Diesel (http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/EN/JEEP/1,,EN-JEEP-BUZZ-CRD-MISCONCEPTIONS,.html) 2.8L of power ... Talks about ... "Common-rail diesel technology uses a single, highly pressurized fuel line to deliver fuel to the fuel injector nozzles. The result is a more complete burning of the fuel mixture for added power, reduced emissions and greatly reduced diesel engine "clatter" noise." and lots more." :wink:

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
03-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Oops! My bad, didn't see the link!! :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad