PDA

View Full Version : Got any circle track fans?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tyrodtom
03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
I,ve had Amc's since 63 when my brother told me I could have his if I could get it home, been addicted every since. I've been a body man for over 30 years and have always done my own mechanical work. I've been helping a local team that races circle track, mostly asphault, since 90 and started racing myself in 98, got my first win after I turned 50, but in a Chevy. I'm now building a 70 Hornet with a 360, Ford 9in. rear, have the roll cage and fuel cell in and am on the engine now. I know as this project goes along I'm going to be asking a lot of questions so I would appreciate any advice anybody on this forum can give me.

JERSEY JOE
08-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I just got back a car that I had 20 years ago. It's a 1970 AMX that saw SCCA racing in 1970, 71, and 82. It's got a full cage, momster flares, fuel cell and a roller cammed 390 with cross ram. I street drove / raced this car in 1985 to 1986.

tyrodtom
08-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I've been building this car for years, keep getting sidetracked into something else. Driving somebody else's car plus helping another guy who races both a late model and a street stock, I've got a, gasp, Nissan 240sx that is always up front in it's class, plus teaching a Racing 101 class that the track drafted me into doing. This ole guy ain't got a lot of spare time. This winter I'm going to finish this Hornet, unless another tree falls thru my garage roof.

tarior
08-18-2005, 03:33 AM
You'll have to keep us all posted as to how the Hornet turns out. I love the thought of an AMC, especially a Hornet, kickin' butt on the roundy rounds. :lo1l: =D>

Iamthe12car
03-10-2006, 03:49 PM
How did you do finding shocks? Carrera used to make them, but I can't find them anywhere anymore. I am converting a SX4 into 2wd (Spirit), and throwing a 360 in it to go racing here. Our racing is called auto moto-xross, cross between dirt track, enduro, and off-road, excpet we tamed the jumps way down. I used to race a 68 Javelin for this, before I knew anything at all, wish I had that car back. I used to run a street stock, used a Dodge Aspen for awhile, you don't get parts so easy or cheap, especially chassis parts, but the fan following when you don't run a Chevy/Ford is neat. Good luck, and if I can help let me know...

Bulltear Ad