PDA

View Full Version : 300 home made flip

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jimmyjeep
03-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I have seen home made flip kits for the dana 300 on pirate4x4.com. Does anyone here know anything about the subject? Ive seen em machined out of aluminum, and made from stock square tubing welded up. Anyone have any experience making these? Also I know there are passenger drop dana 44's out there. Would it be easier to use one of these axles, and not have to flip the dana???? Will they fit????? I have a 83 waggy D44 chassis . :idea:

tufcj
03-08-2005, 08:26 AM
They only went to the drivers side front diff to use the NP t-cases. The passenger drop front axle is a bolt in if you can get one with the right ratio. I think finding and bolting in a different front axle would be much easier than building a flip kit and all the associated hassles with the shift linkage.

Bob
tufcj

eight
03-08-2005, 08:28 AM
There is no reason to machine it out of aluminum other than posting on the internet to impress people you don't know. It seems really simple to make out of square tubing. I haven't done it, but I had one out a few days ago and got to looking at things, looks pretty straight forward. I've got a mill but wouldn't bother with the time/expense to machine one.

jimmyjeep
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
thanks guys. tufcj, do you have any idea of which models the passenger side drop appeared in?

tufcj
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
The passenger drop Dana 44 was used in all Wagoneers and trucks from 1974-1981. The only one you'd have to watch for is the "Cherokee Chief", which was 4" wider than standard. I believe all the chiefs were 2 door models, and had a wider fender flare, they generally had a chief logo behind the rear window.

jimmyjeep
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
tufcj,
your my hero, you absolutely rock! :lo1l: Thank You!

Bulltear Ad