PDA

View Full Version : Increasing my Oil pressure

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Jeepin002
03-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I have a 360 in my Cj7 and I have really low oil pressure, I installed a mechanical gauge the other day and confirmed it. I have 45psi cold and when it warms it drops to maybe 5 or 0 gauge doesn't read that low. I have replaced my oil pump gears and spring twice. I run 20/50 and I have inspected the crank and rod bearings, which look good. I can tell the engine may have been rebuilt in the past not really sure. But anyway I want to get a new timing cover with matching gears and the filter adapter.
What exactly is the intermediate plate for and should I get it. I really feel this itself will solve my oil pressure problem. After reading every post on the Oiling board I have come to the conclusion it will only help my engine.
The engine runs like a top and has good compression.

I know its long but thanks

fuzz401
03-08-2005, 11:26 AM
the other thing that can cause low oil pressure is the front cam bearing if it is worn open it will dump more oil out then it should

the plate will keep the gears from rubbing against the oil filter adapter and grooving it

jeepsr4ever
03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
The plate does what fuzz said but also covers up the grooves. If you have symptoms like that it is usually like fuzz said the front cam bearing or the pump cavity is out of tolerance

Jeepin002
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your quick responses. Fuzz401 that is a beautiful jeep you have there. Definitely what I want to model mine after!
Well jeepers I'll be calling you in the future for a timing cover. Don't know when have to come up with the money and I want to do other things at the same time as the cover.

Can I get away with replacing the front cam bearing if it is the problem as a temporary fix?

Thanks again. :sa:

jeepsr4ever
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
sure can...if thats the problem it may fix it right there

Bulltear Ad