PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJ Shark
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Anyone upgrade there pump?

I'm hoping its my pump going bad, and I though about upgrading it. Any suggestions?

Man I hope its the pump, if its the box I'll have to dismantle my front suspension to get at the bolts. #-o

tufcj
03-08-2005, 02:13 PM
I put the AGR superbox I in my CJ, along with their upgraded pump. I can palm the wheel around where I used to have to pull with 2 hands. It makes turning easy even with the front locker engaged. :t:

I don't know if you'd get the same benefit from just the pump, since AGR changes valving on both to improve pressure and flow.

Bob
tufcj

CJ Shark
03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
thanks tuf, any tips on a good place to buy from?

tufcj
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't... I bought mine several years ago from Leon Rosser Jeep. I think they're out of business now. I got the pump and box for a lot less than direct from AGR. All I could suggest is to surf all the 4x4 parts sites and see who's got the best deal.

Bob
tufcj

Lifted79CJ7
03-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Check out the Redneck ram - they will also rebuild your box for cheap...

http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com/index.html

CJ Shark
04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Replaced the pump with the AGR one on the weekend.

Can turn the 40s in the shop with one finger. Havent tried with the locker on in the dirt, but man what a good product.

Definate high marks for that pump :t:

Mudrat
04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
thanks tuf, any tips on a good place to buy from?
I did the pum and gearbox too - easy install. You can check out AGR themselves at http://www.agrperformance.com/ or any good off-road parts place (4WD Hardware, offroad.com, windrock, Tellico4X4, etc ...)

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
04-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I always wondered how that would react. Please keep us informed us in case you blow a seal, etc! Hopefully it will stay together and kick booty. Thanks!! :sa:

CJ Shark
04-30-2005, 11:16 AM
And just wanted to mention, I only did the pump. The box is still stock.

I just wanted to see how much improvment I could get with a simple upgrade, its kinda the way I've done Moose from the start. Take whats there (ie stock parts) and see how they can be improved.

The box is sweet, but goes against the idea I had. Instead of upgrading the entire steering system.....I just upgraded one of the parts of it.

4 weeks till Moose gets to run in the trees. I'll let you know if anything like blown seals happen, and how just the pump works with a locked front diff in the mud.

Bulltear Ad