PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk ZJ trannys

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Here is what I found out today about these tranny's

Their is a small tranny line for the pressure side running to the cooler that has a check valve in it....you know the one that will leak after 4 years. This valve line was recalled by Chrysler to their dealers and then replaced by another line which was recalled again and the old line was suggested in place of the 2nd recalled line. The check valve is prone to plugging and causes the transmission to burn itself up. The dealer can/will refuse to sell just the small 9" rubber line but will sell the complete line from the tranny to the cooler for around 58-80 depending on your dealer. The part number that will work for this is from a truck tranny and it is # CAP07224 which is also recalled but you can purchase the equivalent for less than $35 at your local dealer after having them look up the number. One wonders why the check valve was completely recalled then put back into service?!?!?!

thejeepingoat
03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Dorman is remaking these as a part of their OE' Solutions line, the one i saw we had in stock had no check valve.

it was like 30 bucks IIRC.

O'Reilly's sells Dorman, i dont know who else does tho.

Soylent_Green
03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
checker, shucks, kragen (depending on your location) East coast: parts plus should carry dorman, they share a website with CSK so i'd imagine they carry the same product lines.

thejeepingoat
03-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Im curious of these CSK stores, none in this area. :-|
But,seeing as i work for Oreillys i must treat them as the anti-christ 8)

Bulltear Ad