PDA

View Full Version : v8 manifolds

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

furweln84
03-23-2005, 03:05 PM
So i am tired of looking for used headers, and im going to bolt on the stock manifolds and go.

some Q's re: the manifolds.

they have been sitting outside and inside for a while, theyre rusty and the studs for the exhaust pipe connections are rotted away.

what paint do you all recommed? can I just plug the air ports ( i forgot if these had air ports or not) and what is the best way to get some freaknasty rotted studs out? torch and cool method?

should i have these magnafluxed? that might defeat my purpose of being cheap, the engine was never run hard before the rebuild.

is there any way to clean out the insides, could i just soak them in the partwasher ?

what do i need to have in order to connect some exhaust to these? all i have is the manifolds... what size pipe, gaskets, collecters, etc. can local exhaust shops flare and provide a coupler thing?

thanks

Dusty
03-23-2005, 04:18 PM
I saw a set of manifolds that the air ports were welded up and then ground down smooth. the insides were mildly welded on and then ported and slightly grooved with the intention of directing the exhaust gasses and then the manifolds were ceramic coated. Dont know if it helped but the guy had alot of fun playing with the idea. otherwise sand blast or bead blast the maifolds and then ceramic coat to keep things cool

Bulltear Ad