PDA

View Full Version : rocker noise? 1.6 vs. 1.65 rocker arms

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BRAD ARTHUR
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
i have a 304 roughly 3000 miles since overhauled. i went through 3 distributor gear sets after build before getting all problems ironed out (thanks mc!) now that i've been driving it awhile i've noticed a noise which appears a ticking . with no consectancy @ any rpm. normally not under load. i am almost positive its not a exhaust leak, although i here they can be hard to distiguish between the two.
is there any thing to do to nail the noise to the rockers?

they were not replaced @ the time of rebuild, the pushrods, lifters , and cam were.

they are the bridged style rockers. does harland sharp offer the bolt on roller rockers that would fit?

can i use a 1.65 rocker from a pontiac eng. this would gain valve lift, would it be too much , or would this be noticable change????
is it possible to use a 1.65 stock stamped steel rocker? (pontiac?)

does anyone have knowledge in this department , comments or suggestions very appriciated!!

pyagid
03-28-2005, 08:55 PM
my dad had the same problem The stock bridges wear out, and allow the lifters to move and make some noise he orderd a new set from http://www.northernautoparts.com/ and it cured his noise problem

-Paul

Bulltear Ad