PDA

View Full Version : emission control stuff on junkyard engine

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

alex
04-06-2005, 05:33 PM
:shock: Well I bought the boneyard 360 and it was complete withair conditioning all the emision stuff etc. Only thing missing was the air cleaner housing which I searched for.Should i start removing all the air injector tubing that goes to the exhaust manifold and remove all the other vacuum crap,or should i leave all the stuff on?The motor had oil in it and it was'nt froze up.Is theair conditoner compressor worth something?It seems I have seen a couple 401's and 360's for sale on e-bay and they always ask for more money if you want the a.c compressor.Thanks again for any info.

mrtazwrench
04-06-2005, 08:22 PM
you can do without the air pump, you could use the a/c comp for on board air if you think you'll use it enough to be worth the effort, and probally keep everything else so you have a working egr, and proper vac advance for the dist so you have less of a chance of causing any driveabilty issues.

alex
04-07-2005, 03:07 AM
:? ok thanks.Thats what I'll do.

Mudrat
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Dunno where your at, but the year of the title is what tells me what I can (or cannot) have for smog crap. If I toss a 60's motor in a 2000 vehicle - I have to conform to the 2000 EPA standards. On teh other side, if I throw in a 2004 Hemi in a '66 - I only need to conform to the 1966 EPA standards :lo1l:

Still looking for that 54 Willy's wagon!!! Anybody, anybody? Bueller, Bueller????

Mudrat

alex
04-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I am in michigan.We used to have a smog inspection every year but our old govenor(republican) declared them useless because all the aet stations were just ripping people off.I personally failed my inspection 1 year but the guy doing it told me to give him $50 and he would make my vehicle pass ,and he did.That govenor got reelected no problem!I feel sorry for anybody that has to deal with those inspections.

Bulltear Ad