PDA

View Full Version : Disc Coversion for AMC 20

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Woody Long
04-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Any info on this? I may have some info tomorrow.

thejeepingoat
04-07-2005, 04:32 PM
seen a thread on Pirate, used zuki front rotors and nissan 300zx rear calipers and custom made brackets..........

its around.

:-|

Mudrat
04-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Any info on this? I may have some info tomorrow.
One source - http://www.truckworld.com/How-To-Tech/CJDiskBrakes/CJ-DiscBrakes.html (I did the SSBC conversion to a stock AMC 20, but never ran it - swapped axles instead :roll: )
There is another site I booked marked at work, that has brake mount plates, calipers and the whole 9 yards and sources to get used parts to make it all work. I'll look tomorrow.

Mudrat

tufcj
04-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Got mine from TSM mfg. www.tsmmfg.com They get rotors without center or lug holes machined, then machine them to fit your application. They make their own caliper brackets, and use GM calipers (with or W/O e-brakes). The kit is about $275 without calipers. I've had one on my Jeep for 7-8 years with no problems. Best thing is, they're only about 1/2 hour drive from my house, so I got to pick them up and meet the builders.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks Bob, that's the site I have at work and was thinking on getting the E-brake version for my waggie axles. Gotta pass VA inspection and when I asked the hydro-lock is not good enough for VA :(:

You get a deal from them? You know, drop by shoot the breeze for a while and walk out with a set free?? :t:

Pat

tufcj
04-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Nope, no deals. It's actually just a little 2 man machine shop in a pole barn on his property. I was kind of surprised when he invited me down to pick it up when I placed the order. All I saved was the shipping.

Bob
tufcj

Mudrat
04-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Nope, no deals. It's actually just a little 2 man machine shop in a pole barn on his property. I was kind of surprised when he invited me down to pick it up when I placed the order. All I saved was the shipping.

Bob
tufcj
:-| :-| brings up possibilities - an idea, some material, a lathe and a mill ... I'm looking at a place that has a barn on it ... :-| :t:

Mudrat

Woody Long
04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I got a response from a guy near me....

OK - here goes - I'll try not to miss any steps.

The easiest way is to buy the mounting kit from "Warn" it is listed in the catalog under full floating axle kits. (It does work without the full floating kit) Then you need two CJ (76+) front rotors from a dana 30 (7/8" thick). Then buy 2 front brake calipers and hoses from a 1984-86 chevy s-15 pick-up. You will need to change the wheel studs but I don't remember what they came from you just need to take a measurement and hit a local brake shop. Then all you need to do is strip the brakes off - remove the e-brake cables - install the "Warn" mounts and calipers.

Pretty Easy and it works well - one word of caution - the Waggy is heavier than my CJ5 and may require a proportioning valve of some sort or possibly a master cylinder upgrade.

Any input?

Mudrat
04-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I got a response from a guy near me....
Any input?
Not yet, haven't tried it!!

Mud

Bulltear Ad