PDA

View Full Version : cam & rocker question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

StudNuts
04-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi. Newb here :?

I just blew my 2nd 360. While not taking my friends suggestion swapping to a SBC I have decided to rebuild the best of the two 360s. Im having it bored .40 over, crank/rod 10 under and decked, T type oil pan with baffles, valley oil mod. I have a summit 8600 cam and summit double roller chain. Heres my question(s), my primary fuel is propane. I have read that propane likes a longer exhaust lift/duration, dont know if its true or not. The engine is used primarily for rock crawling so i want the low end grunt and wont see over 5500 rpm or less. Can I get a little better performance by upgrading to a 1.6 rocker? The heads are rebuilt to stock spec. Would the springs hold up to a higher lift? The cam is .472/.496 lift. Am I even thinking on the right track here?

Also, if I went to a roller rocker, what is a good brand(im on a budget). Do I have to machine the heads for studs?

jeepsr4ever
04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Your rockers are already 1.6, they come stock like that. If you have a K8600 dont bother with roller rockers as they wont help untill you reach mid level rpms 3500+. Your on the right track...

Welcome aboard :t:

Bulltear Ad