PDA

View Full Version : tires?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

The Stampede
04-20-2005, 05:55 PM
kinda surprised that a mud forum doesnt have any tire recommendations. im new to four wheeling and would like some help deciding on decent tires. looking for daily driver\weekend warrior type of tires. :occasion5: thanks in advance

The Stampede
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
some info may be nice aye!
i have a 93 yj that has 33s on at the moment, and i have no problem working on it or lifting, just dont want to hack anything

cj5 buggy
04-21-2005, 07:02 AM
:razz: welcome to the mudd place... as for tires... i think for everyday and the mud the swampers on the wifes 93 does pretty well... it's her dd also...

Lifted79CJ7
04-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Just FYI, super swampers don't last very long (around 15,000 miles or so from what I've been told). I would recommend BFG Mud Terrains - good all around tire and wear very well. They also aren't that loud on the street. I tell you what, if Super Swamper could just make their boggers last longer..... :lo1l:

cj5 buggy
04-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Just FYI, super swampers don't last very long (around 15,000 miles or so from what I've been told). I would recommend BFG Mud Terrains - good all around tire and wear very well. They also aren't that loud on the street. I tell you what, if Super Swamper could just make their boggers last longer..... :lo1l:
true... the wife doesn't drive that much, and i'm a stickler on rotating...

on the Bogger though... u are so right...

Mudrat
04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I've got 35 12.5's BFG M/Ts on the CJ - but they still have the nubs on'm. When that way for the noise issues. I put 33 A/T's on my daughters YJ since she's mostly on road stuff and just occasionally in the dirt ... "MUD are you crasy, then I'd have to wash it!!" :roll: ('Course she down't polish her Chromies either but she just HAD to have'm :(: )

Mudrat

The Stampede
04-23-2005, 10:33 AM
thanks for the recommendations all, :notworthy:
wondering if you can help me with something... my brother inlaw has some mickey thompson baja claws that he thinks is the end all and be all for all off road tires. only problem is he hasnt proven that way of thinking yet. what are your thoughts on the claw? thanks again!

Lifted79CJ7
04-27-2005, 06:57 AM
They are great tires, I just hate how small they actually are compared to what's written on the sidewall. 33's look like 31's in my book.

Bulltear Ad