PDA

View Full Version : dual alternators for 360

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

StudNuts
04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
I want to add another alternator to my amc 360. Since I dont have any of the smog crap on, I figured a good spot for the second alternator would be where the smog pump used to reside, and since the ps pump has a dual groove pulley that would be a good spot. Anyone add another alternator to their 360?

jeepsr4ever
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I thought about that a while ago untill I learned about premier welder alternators

StudNuts
04-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I thought about that a while ago untill I learned about premier welder alternators

thats exactly the reason I want/need another alternator....I want to have an on board welder. I figure if I can get anther alternator on there Id be all set just wire it up. I can fab a bracket, but just wanted to see if anyone had done it to give me another perspective.

hssss
07-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Here is further info, I wrote the guy but no answer. I am running two M12000s and will use 2 optimas so I am planning 2 electrical systems, a 3G130a Optima red for chassis and fromt M12000, then 3G 200a Optima yellow for rear M12000 and Tig. I'm using a 460 and there is a perfect spot for 2nd alt taking the place of idler on the York for OBA.

http://classicbroncos.com/homemade-welder.shtml

78304CJ-7
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I really want to run two as well, although I would like to run the stock one or upgraded 12 volt one and a 24 volt one as well.

Not sure if I can rig MC's setup to work in conjunction or not, maybe he will chime in.

Another option I thought about was mounting one where my old air pump used to be.

-RJ

hssss
07-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Saw the other post first so replied @ http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29271#29271

John C
08-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Look at the products page of this site. There is an alternator relocation bracket (I use it on my JEEP right now) I feel pretty sure that you could easily fab a bracket to allow two alternators to to share the engine mounting hole (maybe a triangular shaped bracket with three holes) and use the stock hardware plus this kit to mount one over the other and retain belt tension ability from both.

78304CJ-7
08-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Look at the products page of this site. There is an alternator relocation bracket (I use it on my JEEP right now) I feel pretty sure that you could easily fab a bracket to allow two alternators to to share the engine mounting hole (maybe a triangular shaped bracket with three holes) and use the stock hardware plus this kit to mount one over the other and retain belt tension ability from both.

Thanks for the information, would you (or anyone else for that matter) be willing to snap some close up shots of the relocation kit? Appreciate it.

-RJ

Bulltear Ad