PDA

View Full Version : Well these arent Jeeps but they are 8 wheel drive

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
04-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Here is a pic of the Pete I just bought.. For some reason the Kenworth pic wont work..oh well. It's my favorite color..two tone, any color and chrome.

http://host.picturewizard.com/2004-9/176184/99pete.JPG

jeepsr4ever
04-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Br oken links :idea:

Soylent_Green
04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I have a friend that runs OTR either MSP to Houston or MSP to Seattle all the time.

A hint to what he drives: Firstborn son's name is PETER 111!!!

Goose
04-27-2005, 06:43 AM
It's kind of funny.. the trucking world is polarized around brand names just like cars..petes, kenworth, frieghtliner.. and the really funny thing is all of them every single one is the same under the sheetmetal.. 4 engine choices..Cat, Cummins, Detroit, or Mercedes (ugggh P.O.S) and trannys and axles..Meritor Rockwell or eaton.. you can choose 9 10 13 15 or 18 speed boxes but all these trucks are the same.. but you want to see a fight..man.

Lifted79CJ7
04-27-2005, 07:38 AM
That thing is sweet! I got to drive a big rig once - was pretty cool. Of course it was 3am and I was in Vegas. Need I say more? :shock: Let me know if you ever swing by Va beach and I'll take ya out for a beer and a burger!

04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Not exactly a Kenworth, but I do a lot of work on these, as well as some driving.... front two axles steer, makes things a little easier....

http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Technical/HEMMTT.jpg

And I drove a 5-ton M923A2 (basically a Milspec Freightliner) w/ 6-wheel shop trailer from Kuwait almost to Tikrit, Iraq... That was fun, but not the being bullet-food part.... At least the little Toyotas that infest the Iraqi countryside got outta my way!

Bombardier
04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Guest?!?

I thought that post would show up under my username?!?

:sa: :-|

Goose
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Yea I was thinking about getting in on the civillian contractor deal in Iraq.. the pay is muy good.. however when they said you must not be armed..umm sorry sir is my dumbass tatoo showing again?.. I'll bet MC could rig us a 5th wheel on the rear deck of an Abrams..My first love..65 tons big horsepower no turn signals and a 120 mm smoothbore to say "So I didnt signal you got a problem with that?"..(however the sleeper lacks in the creature comforts..)

Bombardier
04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Goose-

I worked with a lot of civilian contractors (KBR, Dimensions) while I was in Iraq, and yes, most of them on the bases/FOBs while inside a secured perimiter do not carry weapons.
There's no need, we all pack LOTS of heat! :lo1l:
However, if you have a valid stateside CWP, you can carry downrange with permission from your contractor and you go through customs.
The civilians that spend time on the road, they get to carry the good stuff. I've seen truckers with MP5s, AK74s, M4 carbines, H&K assault-rifles, you name it. Plus your company issues you body armor and kevlar helmets.
I'd do the contracting thing to, if I wasn't married.... $60K+ a year for a one-year contract??? Hells yeah!

Bulltear Ad