PDA

View Full Version : Custom Built YJ

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

locomrdiesel
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm helping a friend at work sell his rig so he can make room for his next project. I built a site for it. There are plenty of cool pics to check out even if you aren't interested in buying one. It is a 1991 YJ built to the max with a 350 Chevy under the hood. I don't have all of the specs yet but there will be more to come. His contact info is on the site. The site is www.martinsbackhoe.com I should have all of the specs up in a couple of days. If you want immediate answers you can contact him directly at shannon@martinsbackhoe.com
Thanks

Lifted79CJ7
04-28-2005, 06:36 AM
$25,000???? :shock: No thanks - I can build my own for that much. That is a nice ride, though!

locomrdiesel
04-28-2005, 09:09 AM
$25,000???? :shock: No thanks - I can build my own for that much. That is a nice ride, though!
He can' t give it away. He's got $27,000 in reciepts. And he's got all of the reciepts. That thing was bone stock when he started. I'll be posting a full spec sheet in the next couple of days. If you had $27,000 worth of reciepts plus the time to build it what would you ask? I think $25,000 is a deal. Especially considering it has about 10 miles on it since it has been finished.

jeepsr4ever
04-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Nice looking!!

Yeah sometimes its hard to get even 50% of what you have into but tell him good luck and dont worry about Lifted.........haahahahaaha :?:

locomrdiesel
04-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Well I'm sure my buddies thinking is based on the fact that everything is brand new. It's not like it's even 6 months old or anything. And I'm not too worried about Lifted. He seems harmless enough. We are all a little rough around the edges,,,, that's why we drive Jeeps.

Lifted79CJ7
04-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I guess I am kind of the "Timmy!" of the group! So I just have to ask, why build such a killer rig and sell it?? Just got sick of it sucking money out of his pockets? Not that any Jeeper would know what that is all about! Again - Killer rig!

Jack

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket

locomrdiesel
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure why he is selling it. I know he has another project lined up and I also know that this is about the 50th time he's done this. He has tons of trophies and stuff from other projects and then he sells them. He has cahnged his terms and will consider a trade for heavy equipment or a dumptruck. Details are on the site. He just bought a tractor and backhoe so I guess the Jeep doesn't fit in to that equation. I think that it just boils down to him having quite a bit of play money. I wish I did.

Lifted79CJ7
04-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I think that it just boils down to him having quite a bit of play money. I wish I did.

Amen my brother, Amen.

:sa:

locomrdiesel
04-29-2005, 11:35 PM
I just finished posting all of the specs to the site so make sure you check it out. I think it lists nearly EVERYTHING! There will be some more pics coming in the next couple of days. We are going to get some action shots together of the finished project.
Thanks

Lifted79CJ7
04-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Two quick questions - what springs did he use and what size tires are those?

locomrdiesel
05-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Two quick questions - what springs did he use and what size tires are those?
1. Pro Comp
2. 38's

I've been away for a couple of days. I did manage to get the specs up on the site and I should have some updated finished photos of it tomorrow.

locomrdiesel
05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
I just posted lots of new pics. Several of the engine and lots of finished photos.
Thanks

Bulltear Ad