PDA

View Full Version : 360 engine mounts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

alex
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
can I use the engine mount brackets on my 360 engine that was in a wagoneer,to mount the engine to the cj7 frame I am putting it in?I figure i will have to make new frame mounts as the cj had a 6 cyl in it,I hope I wont have to make engine bracket mounts also. :-|

jeepsr4ever
05-02-2005, 06:31 PM
This is where I sound really stupid..LOL

Your only need to change the passenger frame mount. Your engine mounts SHOULD work.

alex
05-02-2005, 07:42 PM
thanks again jeepsr4ever,this is good news :lo1l: :t:

amcjeepman
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
you MUST change the engine block mounts to CJ mounts. the full size Jeep and AMC car mounts are different. CJ mounts are unique to CJs.
The Left side frame mount is the same for 6 and 8 but the right (pass) side is different.
Usually can find a set on evilbay. search for "Jeep motor"
JB

alex
05-03-2005, 03:20 AM
there goes that good feeling,ok so it looks like I have to spend more money again.Should I try it out first or just buy the engine mount brackets because I'm getting mixed messages here. :smile: :-|

KEV
05-03-2005, 06:16 AM
:idea: You can make them work if you raise the motor up. Bolt the framehorns with the motormount on it to the frame. Thenset the engine in with the enginebrackets bolted to the engine. then cut and weld a piece of metal to the engine bracket so you can bolt them together. It will raise the motor about 1 1/2, it works nice when your tucking the trany and T-case up.

pyagid
05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
This is where I sound really stupid..LOL

Your only need to change the passenger frame mount. Your engine mounts SHOULD work.

Like MC said the SHOULD or maybe should say COULD work. I pulled my 360 from an 88 Grand wagoneer. the only thing i did was modify my frame stands. I didnt change the block mounts, or change the frame stands Just cut some additional slots in them I could get pictures and measurments of my set up if it will help. The motor is out of the jeep right now

-Paul

alex
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
What I plan on doing is removing the frame horns,then putting the engine in ,bolt it to the bellhousing,and then bolt the frame horns to the engine mount brackets and hopefully the bolt holes for the frame horns will line up or be close enough for me to use,or mig weld them to the frame.The pictures would be great.Does my chain of thought sound reasonable or is there a better way.I did not pull the trans and I am not looking forward to lining the output shaft in to the clutch while the engine is on the cherry picker ,I suppose this will take all day just getting the engine and trans to mate,then hopefully the mounts wont be such a big deal.

Bulltear Ad