PDA

View Full Version : Tranny?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
What year 727 and QT would be best to put in this 88 Grand Waggie?
Or should I stick in that spare D-300? :t:

Pat
http://members.cox.net/mudrat-jeeper/88_waggie/88-Waggie-1.JPG

Lifted79CJ7
05-07-2005, 05:54 AM
QT wasn't made that long and will only bolt up to the TH400 with the texas bolt pattern and goofy long, low spline count output shaft. The Dana will require a lift, so I say do what Taz recommended and stick the original 208 back in. You can grab them for cheap and aplenty over at U Wrench It!!
Jack

Mudrat
05-15-2005, 04:32 PM
QT wasn't made that long and will only bolt up to the TH400 with the texas bolt pattern and goofy long, low spline count output shaft. The Dana will require a lift, so I say do what Taz recommended and stick the original 208 back in. You can grab them for cheap and aplenty over at U Wrench It!!
Jack
Hey Jack - if you make it over there for whatever reason, pick me up one of them "aplenty" trannys and t-cases. I'm in Charleston SC and HOPE to be home next Friday ... The following week the GW goes to the shop for body and paint and if I have the trans/x-fer, THEY can mate it and install it. Yeah, yeah, I know - not much of a project if I don't do it, but there are other factors involved ...

Pat

junkyard jim
09-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Jack

There were at least 2 Quadratracs, which causes confusion. '73 to '79 is the Borg Warner version used with TH400 trans and RH drop. '80/'81 was the NP219 New Process version and LH drop (all '80 to '91 FSJs were LH drop stock)
You'd have to flip the D300 or swap front axle. (If you want a goodly front lift, use a Chev or Dodge D4 front with RH drop and factory SOA with high steer knuckles and http://ottindustries.com arms)

I've been trying to find a Dodge NP208 which will (most likely since it's 23 spline and off a 727) bolt up to the Jeep 727, but it's RH drop so I can use my RH drop J20 axles in my '73 J4000 to replace the tired TH400/QT with part time/Overdrive kit (stretched chain from heavy towing).

ironroad 32
10-21-2005, 04:33 PM
yea but more than likly that came with a np229 which really isn't a bad t case ,just had fix the vac issuse no one wanted to mess with .

Mudrat
10-21-2005, 05:26 PM
yea but more than likly that came with a np229 which really isn't a bad t case ,just had fix the vac issuse no one wanted to mess with .
You need any parts? This one is going bye-bye. Cheaper to buy one that works.

Pat
p.s. where the hell have you been Bro? Long time no hear-from?? :(:

Bulltear Ad