PDA

View Full Version : I'm in trouble

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
When I got the 4.2 from Cris to replace Erin's YJ motor, I took it to the shop and said as stock as possible and as reliable as you can make it. She now has a 4.2 .30 over, 3* valve job, new cam, lifters, ground and polished crank, and a whole lot more HP than I was expecting.

After break-in I'm going to see what the shop around the corner gets for a dyno - but my guess is it beats the 126 HP the stock motor has :roll:

Now to get this 360 done ... They got a new paint booth so nobody was working cars - they were all building the paint booth.

Mud

pyagid
05-10-2005, 05:54 AM
restrict the exhaust, it will help keep her off the gas pedal :mrgreen:

-Paul

Mudrat
05-10-2005, 05:44 PM
restrict the exhaust, it will help keep her off the gas pedal :mrgreen:

Ahhhh ..... the old potato up the exhaust pipe routine ....

I'm thinking a physical governor - bailing wire on the throttle!!!! :wink:

Pat

JeepsAndGuns
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
what about a restricter plate under the carb, or just a smaller carb :razz:

Mudrat
05-10-2005, 06:48 PM
what about a restricter plate under the carb, or just a smaller carb :razz:
And when I drive it????? I have wire cutters - she doesn't :lo1l: Good thoughts, but the stock BBD is a POS anyway. Maybe just unplug the stepper motor??

Pat

JeepsAndGuns
05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
how about just unhook 1 or 2 of the spark plug wires for when she drives it, then when you drive it you just hook them back up? :t:

Mudrat
05-11-2005, 08:08 PM
That's a thought - rough running and I'd have to hide that pretty well - I figure she cound nuke that one out :-|

Lifted79CJ7
05-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Block of wood under the pedal always helps. Or even hide something under the dash so peddle only goes so far.....

Mudrat
05-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Block of wood under the pedal always helps. Or even hide something under the dash so peddle only goes so far.....
Limit straps on the gas :-| Makes it tough to merge into traffic though ...

Just left the shop, they're putting the tranny back on the engine after getting a flex plate that works. but, while they had the tranny/x-fer out, they went ahead and media blasted the bellhouseing back and painted it for me!!! BONUS!!! :?
Only thing left is figuring how to mount the throttle braket assy. :-|

Pat

Lifted79CJ7
05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
As someone who is sometimes reffered to as "water penetrated dirt vermon"........WE NEED PICS!!! 8)

You gotta be getting stoked to almost have one of those two Jeeps running!!!

Mudrat
05-13-2005, 04:11 PM
And ya know I was there today, dropping off the 360 parts for it's build and was hoping it was done. Anyway - pics will follow, haven't had the camera with me when I visited.

Today's update - new flexplate is in, they took the tranny/x-fer out and media blasted it and painted it before re-installing. Fixed the hood brace and undercoated it, and cleaned and coated the front axle while they were under there!!! :shock: Dang thing looks GOOOooooDDDDDD!!!!! Can't wait to get it, but since I'll be on travel next week - Maybe by Mon the following week :oops:

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad