PDA

View Full Version : New Trucker Series Carburators from Demon (Barry Grant)

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

MrFurious
05-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Seen these in a rag I got in the mail today...

Demon Carburation, a subsidiary of Barry Grant, Inc. is introducing a new range of truck carburators with cfm ratings from 525 to 850. Available in Road, Speed, or Mighty versions, the Demon Trucker performs inpressively both on and off the asphault, and behaves particularly well at high angles of roll or pitch making it ideally suited to rock crawling. All of the Trucker models are equipped with four-corner idle-metering circuits and a vacuum-secondary pod fitted with a quick-change spring to control the opening of the secondary throttle plates.

In addition, the Demon Trucker is equipped with:
- Single inlet for simple plumbing
- Side-hung float bowls and .110" spring-loaded needle and seat assemblies for better fuel control
- Custom check valves in the metering circuitry to prevent fuel siphoning when the vehicle is at extreme angles
- Custom crossover vent tube to help prevent fuel from leaking from the float bowls
- Manual or electric choke (on Road and Speed series)
- Tuning parts interchangeable with other makes

For complete information contact Demon Carburation at 1-706-864-8544 or visit their website: www.barrygrant.com (note: they have nothing on their site about these yet)

JeepsAndGuns
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
have any idea on what kind of $$ they gonna want for one?

MrFurious
05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Didn't say, but looking in my Summit catalog a standard Road Demon runs from $399-439, and a standard Street Demon runs $340-360. So, they'll likely be in the same ballpark as the Edelbrock Off-Road and Holley Truck Avenger carbs.

Big Chief
08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I read a report in one of my offroad mags about these carbs. They were testing all the carbs billed as offroad/truck etc. The truck demon came in last place. Of course they were dropped on straight out of the box, but the demon carb had fuel leaks and did not want to run well on the low end.

jeepsr4ever
08-29-2005, 04:46 AM
I read a report in one of my offroad mags about these carbs. They were testing all the carbs billed as offroad/truck etc. The truck demon came in last place. Of course they were dropped on straight out of the box, but the demon carb had fuel leaks and did not want to run well on the low end.

Yeah Summit, Jegs discontinued the Demon line #-o

shawn
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Just FYI, I ran the Edel 1406 with the "offroad kit" spring loaded needle and seat and stuff, and it still sucked off road. So I went back to a MC2100. But I hear the Holley Truck Avengers are nice and work well.

Lifted79CJ7
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah, my 2100 would work at ANY angle - I loved that little bugger. I have a 1406 to go on my 401 with the needles and seat kit and I wish I could run two 2100 instead....or maybe run 'em as a sixpack... :?

jeepsr4ever
08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Just FYI, I ran the Edel 1406 with the "offroad kit" spring loaded needle and seat and stuff, and it still sucked off road. So I went back to a MC2100. But I hear the Holley Truck Avengers are nice and work well.

Shawn did you reset your float level?

shawn
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Shawn did you reset your float level?

Yup, set them according to Edel specs, and adjusted fuel pressure, it didn't help anything. Worst off road experience ever with that carb.

tarior
09-15-2005, 03:58 AM
I've fiddled with carbs for years, and I only have one thing to say about ALL of them.........EFI!! 8)

Bulltear Ad