PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

alex
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I just finished putting dual exhaust on my cj.How close can the exhaust pipe be to the steel fuel line?I did not run the pipe below the frame,I went through the skid plate and I realized there is'nt much room to hang the pipe.Just curious as if I should put a heat sheild between the exhaust and fuel line.

Mudrat
05-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I just finished putting dual exhaust on my cj.How close can the exhaust pipe be to the steel fuel line?I did not run the pipe below the frame,I went through the skid plate and I realized there is'nt much room to hang the pipe.Just curious as if I should put a heat sheild between the exhaust and fuel line.
That was the stock method on my CJ and daughters YJ - but give it as much room as you can and if you think it's too close - stick a heat sheild in there. I'm going to put one under the floor to keep me from getting tooooooo toasty :?

Mud

JeepsAndGuns
05-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Anyone ever put some heat wrap on there? I have thought about doing that if I ever run into the same problem, you know the stuff they use to wrap headders in to keep under hood temps down.

Bulltear Ad