PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuilders book?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
05-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Is there a specific book just for rebuilding the AMC 360 engines, my daughter want to rebuild one of the 360's I have.

Also is there one just fo the 258, while she's @ it she can rebuild my spare one also. =D>

I don't want her to use the Chiltons/Haynes.

Thanks,
RollBar

MrFurious
05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Mopar Performance offers one called "Jeep Engines". I bought mine through Summit a couple years back.

fuzz401
05-23-2005, 07:22 AM
http://www.hobbyobsession.com/bjsbook.html
A very good book

rollbar
05-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks Fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
U think it's self explanatory enough for a 18 yr. old who paint's her nails twice a day, LOL :shock:

I'll give her a hand but I want her to do it.

RollBar

fuzz401
05-23-2005, 03:44 PM
it explains things very well

rollbar
05-23-2005, 03:48 PM
:mrgreen: :t: cool.

ol' school power
05-29-2005, 09:55 PM
This one is supposed to be pretty dern good. Quite a few people have it and love it.

rollbar
05-30-2005, 01:29 PM
A very good book

U mean this one right, :?

FSJer
07-28-2005, 12:37 AM
I reck'n the later version of SA's - "Engine blue printing" is pretty good ( forgotten name of author ), learnt heaps from that book. It is a general as not in a specific manufacturer, but it mainly covers V8's.

Mudrat
07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
FSJer ... a web search turned up a bunch of 'Blue Printing' books, but didn't see one from SA??

Also, who has the best deal on the TSM for an 88 Grand Waggy? Can't remember who I got my TSM's for the CJ and YJ from :oops:

Pat

FSJer
07-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Mudrat >> SA has heaps of Specific Automotive magazines, i have a few of them ( Engine blue printing , Auto electrical, body/sheetmetal fabrication , Hi-po ford V8's , Chev bowtie blue printing , etc ) , they are made in your world - USA . will get the author's name & submit it here. Good auto motive book shops have them, theres another brand similar to it too. they may even have a Hi-Po Amc book , have to check.

FSJer
07-31-2005, 08:00 AM
went and checked a couple auto books i have and funnly most of them are are from a company called "HP books", the engine blueprinting one i has is an SA tho- these books come in handy when i am not sure about something that i am working on , so i will revert back to them .

Also magazines can bet great " Engine masters " ,"ZOOM" , especially on information of New technology. I aslo find some magazines on smaller engines ( rotarys , fours , bikes , etc ) can be very beneficial. I always look for the "Tech atricles " or the "how to do" sections !

Mudrat
07-31-2005, 08:20 AM
went and checked a couple auto books i have and funnly most of them are are from a company called "HP books", the engine blueprinting one i has is an SA tho- these books come in handy when i am not sure about something that i am working on , so i will revert back to them.
OK, I have several HP Books also. Even an old OLD Holley book I used when I droped that 327 SBC in my 75 CJ5 (bored, balanced and built!) #-o I think they are also the company that produced some of my welding and sheetmetal working books :-|

Pat

Bulltear Ad