PDA

View Full Version : 360 Q

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

John C
05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Hello all, caught a link from another forum to here. been checking out the site for a few days now and have not found exactly what I was looking for. So here goes. I swapped a 360 into my CJ-7 about 8 months ago. A very good running factory original with 82,000 miles. A few months afterI did this the motor kind of suddenly lost oil presure. Due to age and milage I decided to go with a Jasper stage 2 crate motor. Built to my specs with a nice street cam, oversized valves and polished exhaust ports. What a monster. But now after five months it has done exactly the same thing as the first motor. When cold it runs at 35psi (was 50 when new) and falls off to nothing as it reaches temp (was 35 at RPM and 18 at idle). I have two gauges, one the stock electric and a mechanical. This motor has a waranty so I am not intrested in how to fix it. But I want to know what I need to do to keep this from happening again. I see mostly street use but when I go off road I see some high RPM running through mud (short burst) mixxed with many hours of idling. It overheated once due to a blown heater hose while going down the highway, but has never overheated any other time. I went the distance with my cooling system. I have only used Mobil 1 since break in and have an oil cooler. I change oil after every deep water encounter but have seen no signs of water infiltration. Please let me know what the most probable cause of presure loss is and how to correct it. It sucks to pull a motor when you don't want to!!

jeepsr4ever
05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
:-|

Bulltear Ad