PDA

View Full Version : Newer motor older car

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

xracer390
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I just ended up with a 90 mark Vll and plan to install the 5.0 and auto into my 70 AMC Rebel wagon. What do I need to do to make it work. (im cheap too) I do want to do it right. Not just drop and weld.

Can I use all of the factory Lincoln stuff or do I need to buy a painless wireing kit and a standalone computer ?

Thanks ahead of time, BB

pyagid
05-26-2005, 06:15 AM
easiest way to do it, is take the entire car and trade it to someone with a nice AMC V8 8)

But yeah I think since you have the entire car you will need the computer adn wiring harness and everything to run the fuel injection. THen you are going to have to adapt that into your current wiring.

It may be easier in the long run to go with a painless unless you are good at electrical work, (which is one thing on vehicles i hate playing with)
-Paul

Dusty
05-26-2005, 09:01 AM
you could probably do exactly that trade it for a nice 401........ now that i think about it were you going to go through the 302? next thought is with the wiring the adapting and headaches plus parts you'll probably be in it $2000 though i know you can shave some off of that if you do alot of fabbing yourself, but still the agony and the re-wiring. uggg you know you can get a howel or Edelbrock EFI setup and slap it onto a 401 or 360 for your setup three or four wires to hook up to your existing harness and the 401 or 360 would bolt up to your tranny and to the motor mounts hoses ect would be easily ordered and had....... just a thought.

Need more info on the tranny, location of the speed sensor. the injection system should be speed density, ect. I did a 460 swap with EFI out of a truck and it was enough of a pain even with the painless harness, there were only like 20 different hookups but the agony of dialing everything in after that just about killed me

Bulltear Ad