PDA

View Full Version : Carb Icing?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
05-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I don't know if I'm right but let me try to explain it to U.

I replaced the fuel pump on my wife's CJ7 months ago along w/a carb rebuild, I smelt gas today after I parked it & I noticed a little gas so I tightened the top so it wouldn't leak, upon doing so I looked @ the bottom of the carb & between the idle mixtrue screws & off the bottom of the mounting plate/bolts there was h2o droplets/condensation, HUMMMMMMM.

Upon replacing the fuel pump the hard line broke so I used rubber fuel line from the pump to the carb.

This was noticed after a 22 mile drive from work this morning.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
RollBar

Mudrat
05-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Stock carb? Stock manafold?
If yes - reinstall the heat riser ...

If not - look at your carb insulators - may be working TOO good :shock:

Pat

rollbar
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Yes stock everything/factory (except the Nutter & TFI) & I do have the heat riser hooked up.

All new gaskets in the intake along w/the one where U mount the carb.

RollBar

P.S. I'm getting excellent mpg's

Mudrat
05-31-2005, 05:23 PM
P.S. I'm getting excellent mpg's

Then what's your worry? Sounds like I need a 'cool can' for MY fuel injection system :shock:

rollbar
05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Well I didn't know if it was hurting me or helping me, I'm not up on the carb icing thing & didn't know if the rubber hose was a good thing or bad thing since it originally came w/a metal one.

I heard that U should replace the line w/a metal one but I can't remember where.

OH well, Maybe I 'll patent the experiment, lol 111!!!

rollbar
05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
P.S. A cool can will help U allot.

Mudrat
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
P.S. A cool can will help U allot.
:-| Wonder what it would do in the Hemi at 3.1 GPH ??? :smile: :smile:

OBTW I have rubber to both Jeep carbs after the filter ...

rollbar
05-31-2005, 07:11 PM
No, I have it from the fuel pump to the filter to the carb. :lo1l:

Goose
06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Well you know Pat, one of the biggest fuel mileage increases in the peterbilt was to install a "fuel cooler" it seems that as fuel heats it expands so if 1 gallon has 10 btu's of energy and you heat it 40 degrees it expands 3 to 4 % there by reducing the amount of work the fuel will do by a similar amount..

Real world, the Pete was getting 5.7 MPG. after fuel cooler 6.3 at gross weight (80,000) every little bit helps.

Bulltear Ad