PDA

View Full Version : AMC vs. Dodge 360 fuel injection?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tommy76CJ
06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey gang, I'm a newbie here, but have a question for ya?

I have a 76 CJ with a built 360 in it, Edelbrock Performer manifold, and complete electronic MSD ignition.

There is a guy on Ebay selling a complete (TBI, harness, wiring, computer, etc.) fuel injection system from a 1990 Dodge Ramcharger with a 360. Can I get this thing to work on my Jeep. Some other forums have suggested that I would need some type of a trigger to fire the system and an adapter to get the TBI to bolt to my manifold.

Do you think it's worth my time to try and make this thing work (the starting bid on Ebay is only $50.00, but I don't know what the reserve is.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

tufcj
06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Can't help you on the Dodge setup, anything can be made to work. You may end up spending a lot for sensors and such. Remember that you'll need a higher pressure electric fuel pump too.

GM TBI is probably easier. I bought the complete kit from Howell (www.howell-efi.com) about 5 years ago for $1250 to my door. It had everything but air cleaner and fuel lines (suggested but not required), and bolted on in an afternoon. It required an adapter for the TBI to 4BBL manifold (included), and they custom burn a PROM for the engine setup you have.

It started first try. It idles smoother, throttle response is crisper, mileage gained about 1 MPG, and it even runs upside down (don't ask how I know :mrgreen: ). It has performed perfectly for 5 years, with the exception of a bad O2 sensor. It passes emissions with flying colors. Best thing is, all parts are available at any parts store (although I've never needed any).

If you want to save money, Howell will sell you just the parts you want, and you can pull the rest at a boneyard. I'd suggest the wiring harness, PROM, and TBI adapter, then pull the TBI, computer, O2, temp, and MAP sensors from a 91-95 GM truck.

Bob
tufcj

JeepsAndGuns
06-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Try this guy, http://www.customefis.com/

He has pretty good prices. There are a few members on IFSJA.org that have his setup. If I had the extra $$ I would get a kit for myself. But I just bought a new truck avenger carb.

Bulltear Ad