PDA

View Full Version : Float Level Problem, Need To fab a spacer.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

bushwackertn
07-09-2005, 11:43 AM
We have a 79 CJ-5 that has been lifted, and the x-fer case has been dropped to keep the driveshfts from binding up. Well now we have bought a new Edel. 750 carb and have been playing around with the float level settings. When we get it set so that it don't flood out while climbing a hill the accel. pump isn't getting any fuel. When we set the float for the accel. pump to get fuel it floods out on hills. The Edel. Performer intake is already higher in the back to try to level the carb up, but with the x-fer case dropped it just makes things worse. My brother-in-law has the same problem with his CJ-7. He has been playing with carb spacers, he has come to a point that the spacer with 4 indv. holes does better that a spacer that is wide open like the ones you buy. If someone was to make a spacer that was like 1 inch on one end and 3/4 inch on the other end with the 4 indv. butterfly holes in it for an Edel. carb I would buy one. And I'm sure that other people out there are having this same problem, and if they knew what was causeing the problem they would buy a spacer to.

Just a thought, I thought I would run it by you all and see what you think?

jeepsr4ever
07-09-2005, 12:26 PM
hmmmm interesting

bushwackertn
07-13-2005, 08:19 PM
So are we thinking about making one????? :idea:

merr6267
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that I've seen corrector type plates for sale in Summitt of Jegs before.

I'm sure that MC's parts will be better, but if he doesn't decide to make them, there are some available somewhere.

Don't know where right now though.

bushwackertn
07-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Well if anybody finds them, let me know I'd like to have one :t:

merr6267
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=113180&prmenbr=361

There you will find a 5¬? Moroso wedge plate that sells for ~$35.

It's open design, but also very short, like 1/4.

I saw some other plates available on some marine websites for like $80 that had different angles.

"Carburetor wedge plate" seemed to net the most results when looking on Google.

Good luck.

bushwackertn
07-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I have spent the last two days making one, it is 1 inch on the back end, and 1/4 inch on the front end. Just got it put on tonight, so we haven't really had a chance to try it yet. But from the looks of things, it's what we have been needing.

merr6267
07-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Good luck.

bushwackertn
07-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Adjusted the floats to 7/16 with the off-road needles installed today. That spacer works like a charm, don't flood up the test hill, and the accel. pump gets gas all the time. Problem solved. :lo1l: :lo1l: :lo1l: :t: :t: :t:

Bulltear Ad