PDA

View Full Version : Rear of block oiling mod...

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Ran across this on ebay, don't think I've seen it before. Anyone care to comment?

http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/19/ac/6b_1_b.JPG

jeepsr4ever
07-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Jack that was one of the first set of mods to do to a AMC V8 to decrease the rear mains from spinning. Its a great little bandaid however it was found to be less than effective when the oil foamed and the pump started gurgling bubbles. The valley line or smaller feed holes (cam bearings) or "pills" (smaller feed holes in the pushrods) are the better answer.....besides extra capacity pans....ect.

Lifted79CJ7
07-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Gotcha. Don't know how I missed us talking about this one before...

Holeshot
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Hello.

This mod seems to have a lot of potential down sides.

Major oil leak - oil directly onto the steaming hot flywheel - fire is possible, slippage to overrev a possibility. Automatics may run long enough to do real damage. Reduced oil pressure right where we wanted to increase the pressure. Tow truck may be needed for manual shift vehicles.

Mysterious oil leak - it's not always that easy to see where oil is coming from by the time it makes a puddle on the garage floor.

Serviceability - you get to pull the engine out if this line is leaking.

I know that we probably all have oil pressure gauges, but how many of us also have a low oil pressure warning light? By the time you hear the engine go dry, it may have already cost you thousands.

I give this mod TWO thumbs down!!! :eeeeek:

Bulltear Ad