PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock carb. problems

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

bushwackertn
07-13-2005, 08:37 PM
My son and I have been fighting a carb. problem for the past few weeks, We have a 750 Performer and we have been having trouble with getting the float level right. Our transfer case is dropped about 3 inches, and as all of you know this lays the engine way back. The valve covers almost hit the fire wall. We also have a Performer Intake it is higher in the back to try to level the carb up. But w/ the t-case lowered it makes things worse. We set the float level so that it don't flood out on a steep hill, and the accel. pump don't get any gas to it. We set it so that the accel. pump gets gas the it floods out on the hill. We have the off-road kit installed in it. But it still floods on hills or the accel. pump don't get any gas.
Today we were fooling around with it and found something that helps a little. I put the old needles in and set the float to 7/16 and then installed the off-road needles. this seemed to help but we were still flooding on the test hill that we have been climbing. But it don't seem as bad as before, tomorrow we are going to try to adjust the the float 1/16 at a time until we reach a happy medium. When we adjust the float tomorrow we are going to use the old needles, then put the off-road needles back in. Hopefully we will find something.
I had posted about a carb spacer in the product ideas section a few days ago. If anyone made a spacer 1 inch on the back and 3/4 inch on the front end with the 4 holes for the butterfly's, I think this would help out . But as far as I know, nobody makes them. I might start on one myself in the near future. If we don't find something that works tomorrow that is. I'll let you all know more tomorrow.

Bulltear Ad