PDA

View Full Version : 4.7L I-6 stroker

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

tufcj
07-21-2005, 02:20 PM
These guys do a lot of AMC machine work here in Denver. Probably cheaper than you could build it. I saw a 401 stroker they did a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7987817226

Bob
tufcj

rollbar
07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Very nice,

I wonder how much it would cost to do it yourself.

I just put a 258 in her Jeep due to the fact the head gasket went & blew a hole in the #3 cyl. so I'm gonna rebuild her 86' engine & take the 82' I put in her Jeep temporarly & rebuild it & maybe put it in the CJ8 & replace the 360 (gas miliage) & I'll look into the stroker part of it. We will see.

Can the stroker engine use a carb or does it have to be FI, I haven't really looked into it.

RollBar

P.S. I have a very nice 360 w/a Edlebrock preformere intake & a new holly 650-700 doubble pumper carb.

Mudrat
07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Jim,
The 30 over bore, 2x acid tank, ground and polished crank (.010), assembly balanced, new everything else (pistings, pins, stock cam, timing chain, all bearings, fuel & water pumps and cap/rotor/wires), all the head work with new seals, springs 4 new valves and all new pushrods, valve job, AND the whole engine rebuild kit was total at $1437. Oh yea, new air intake and filter 'cause the hi-rise Clifford valve cover.

It was done by the local hot rod shop that builds race motors for a lot of the drag and Langley circle track guys...

rollbar
07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna check into it since I really don't have the time.

I would like to get a little more H.P. for her w/out the street cam effect, I'll look into the boring aspect to see what would be the way to go & w/what cam for a stock engine, kind of.

Now for the CJ8, if I decide to put the 82' 258 in it I'm going to do a little work to it but keep it a carbroated engine. I'm gonna run the 360 since I have it in now but I do like the power of the V8 when I need it.

Hummmm,
RollBar

P.S. Thanks Pat, & any info would help. Time to eat a late Grouper dinner. :mrgreen:

Mudrat
07-22-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm gonna check into it since I really don't have the time.

RollBar

P.S. Thanks Pat, & any info would help. Time to eat a late Grouper dinner. :mrgreen:
Careful how you eat groups Jim :shock:

I can desktop dyno a few things when I get home - sometime this weekend ...

Pat

rollbar
07-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks Pat.

Ya, I would like to see all the scenario's as to the 258 from stock to a stroker. I would just prefer a sweet build up of a stock 258 w/a good idle & H.P. I am looking into the Jeep AMC engine performance book for more details.

I was looking @ the Jasper engines last night on the web, $$, if I was to pay that much I would just come up & let U build it & camp out for a week :mrgreen: .

Jim

P.S. The skrimp :shock: was good to.

Dusty
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Everything you ever wanted to know about 4.0/258 stroker motors

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

rollbar
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the tip.

How bout this green page, kind of hard to read or else I'm getting old.

?
Can U build a stroker w/out the FI or 4.0 head, I don't want to go FI.

Thanks,
RollBar

Dusty
07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't know but yes Green on Green is hard to read. MC must be smoken some green stuff and then playin around with the parameters

Lifted79CJ7
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Everything you ever wanted to know about 4.0/258 stroker motors
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

This guy looks like Bob Saget.....

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/images/stroker.jpg

Mudrat
07-22-2005, 07:43 PM
OK, THE GREEN SUCKS!!!!

I just spent 7 1/2 hours on a speed trip back from Charleston, only logged on to VOTE and was about to raise hell with the kids fro screwing with the computer while I was gone.

Did I mention the GREEN SUCKS???

And where the hell did the VOTE button go to this time ???

:-| :-| Green Board - no VOTE button, functions are different :-| me thinks we have another problem...

Bulltear Ad