PDA

View Full Version : Parabolic springs ???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

FSJer
07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Has anyone used or know of anyone who has parabolic springs( new technology leaf springs ) on their Jeep/fourby ? feedback ?

www.westraliasprings.com.au/para.html ( small west Australian company )

Mudrat
08-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Has anyone used or know of anyone who has parabolic springs( new technology leaf springs ) on their Jeep/fourby ? feedback ?

www.westraliasprings.com.au/para.html ( small west Australian company )
Nope - first I heard of them. I tihink I understand the design principle, but not quite sure of how they would work as a single leaf :-| Not quite sure the physics of the horizontal flex with respect to verticle compression.

Impressive cadre of users though :?
Fruehauf Trailer
Inter / Iveco
Isuzu
Mack
Kenworth
Volvo
Western Star

Goose
08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I have heard of these springs. In the class 8 trucks anyway. They have a pretty good reputation for riding as smoothly as an air ride susp. actually the principal as I understand it is : a thick single or dual spring very thick in the middle then tapering towards each end , sort of like the "overload springs" of the past.. I havent pulled a wagon with them on it yet but I'll holler if I do. I wouldn't doubt thier reliability as in the truck world things that break before a million miles are pushed aside pretty quick.

Dusty
08-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Ford used them too on thier 3/4 and 1 ton diesels and 460 powered trucks 94+

FSJer
08-03-2005, 02:19 AM
if there is only 2 springs in a parabolic , then if i did a SOA , it would'nt be so high like 7 inches , possibly more like 5 inches - could be perfect in what i seek as i want 2-3 inch bodlift also to clear propane tanks underneath , yet enough clearance for 35' tyre's - have to enquire about it .

Mudrat
08-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Does sound like a good deal. And if they ride better - sa-weeet :t:

Bulltear Ad