PDA

View Full Version : How about a CAMO truck?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jaclinto
08-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I ran accross a product the other day at Mack's Prarie Wings called Camoclad ( www.camoclad.com ) It is some sort of camo vinyl that you put on your truck or 4 - wheeler. I would like to do this to my truck, but I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this stuff , or better yet, tried it. Any advice would be very helpful before I buy it.

jim
new guy

Lifted79CJ7
08-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Careful, I put some on my cajones and haven't been able to locate them since. :shock:

jaclinto
08-10-2005, 06:17 AM
i have been warned about that - has the material held up well?

MrFurious
08-28-2005, 06:26 AM
I know a couple of guys who have used this on their trucks and boats, and it's held up really good. The only concern I can see is that you wouldn't be able to see and stop rust before it got out of control. The bad part is that it isn't cheap (around $800 for enough to do an entire full size truck). Would be a lot cheaper to just get some cheap paint and go that route. I hear John Deere green, Farm All red, and CAT yellow make for a dandy camo pattern, and can be had for $30/gallon at Tractor Supply. :D

Mudrat
08-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Would be a lot cheaper to just get some cheap paint and go that route. I hear John Deere green, Farm All red, and CAT yellow make for a dandy camo pattern, and can be had for $30/gallon at Tractor Supply. :D
And 3 gallons is MORE than enough for a base coat, top coat, top-top coat, top-top-top coat, top-top-top-top coat and still leave 2 gallons for 'touch up' :shock:

5 or 6 rattle cans can do the trick as well - about $30 :t:

(can you tell I'm not a fan of those cammo stickers?? 111!!! )

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
5 or 6 rattle cans can do the trick as well - about $30

1 can covered this much of my jeep. I just cant see spending that kinda cash on something like that. $450 to cover a Jeep!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/jbrunsonjr/Jeep/May805GreenPaint.jpg

Bulltear Ad