PDA

View Full Version : DJ to CJ frame Swap

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

thigh19
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Just got back from running Fordyce, Barrett Lake, and the Rubicon. Broke the frame, TWICE! Guess that 1963 CJ iron just had enough. On-board welder and Hi-lift parts made the trail fix. I've got an DJ5 frame coming, my question is; has anybody out there done this swap, and are there any special problems I should expect? Check out my run pictures at http://thigh190.tripod.com or www.brush-busters.com

thigh19
09-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Got my frame, now I need rear springs, any sugestions?

Lifted79CJ7
09-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what the dimensions are on a DJ. Can you get us some measurements? Spring location? Center Pin location? frame dimension differences? Width differences? :-|

thigh19
09-30-2005, 05:51 PM
The frame deminsions and the front springs are the same as my CJ. DJ rear springs are mounted outboard the frame, kinda like a FSJ, and are 2 1/2" wide. the length, as far as I can tell, is 43 1/2" and the pins, going by the bump stops, is in the center. The shackle bushing is about 3/4" inside diameter.. Don't think I need much, if any, lift cause the springs are SOA. Except for the bushing, I think CJ or YJ springs might work, or maybe even FSJ front springs. Any input or sugestions will help.

Bulltear Ad