Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BREK
10-20-2005, 04:19 PM
anyone have an opinion if por15 is better than just plain undercoating
or is there any other products that work well :-|

jeepsr4ever
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
POR rocks but is extrememly messy and hard to clean off just like the others. Do not use duraback.....it is the worst of the undercoatings

tyrodtom
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I would use POR-15 let it dry and cover it with one of the brush on bedliner coatings. I put Herculiner on my car trailer 4 yrs ago and the only place it has come up is where I drug a car onto it without a tire on one of it's wheels.

Goose
10-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Por 15 is amazing stuff.. I sandblasted and coated the frame rails on my last semi so far it has lasted 10 years and over 1.4 million miles.. (I still see the old truck all the time, the guy I sold it to works with me here)

But : If you screw up and dont clean the spraygun right away..throw it away..

BREK
10-24-2005, 09:14 AM
If I remember right I heard you weren't supposed to sand the rust off before using the por 15 :-|

Mudrat
11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
If I remember right I heard you weren't supposed to sand the rust off before using the por 15 :-|
Ah .. no. You don't HAVE to clean it all off, but ... the cleaner the part the better the adhesion because it doesn't have to convert the rust. I did my frame and both stock axles which haven't been outta the shop.

xracer390
12-12-2005, 06:00 PM
.....Hey Breck, You dont have to remove all of the rust but you do have to remove anything that is loose. The frame on my 1 ton was real rusty and scaley so I just lightly blasted it and it turned out great. Even after 3 years it looked like new (faded to flat black though)

Where are you going to put this on your car ? POR calims it wont stick to paint so you will need to have bare metal or surface rust for it to stick. I did the entire floor in my car (trunk included) and some day plan to get around to putting down a coat of the speckle paint (trunk).

BB

BREK
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
eventually I plan on doing the underbody of the car that's about it

Mudrat
12-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Been there - - - - done that :?

http://members.cox.net/mudrat/85-CJ/Primered_rebuilt_floor.JPG

My rebuilt and reinforced floor in the CJ. Blasted, primed and ready for undercoating :t:

Penguin
02-06-2007, 04:43 PM
POR15 claims to put it on before you use filler or such. I put this on my doors. Then I used their primer. Layed down the color and it looked great. If I wouldn't have messed up the clear it would have turned out awesome.

Bulltear Ad